Jobs Module Installation

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:03

Jobs Module Installation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2010 00:00

I'm going through the Jobs Module Sample in the SDK and I got to the point where you copy up the dll and add the Jobs Module to the System ApplicationModules.

I'm confused on step 11, what steps need to be done to initialize Sitefinity again? I'm running under IIS and after restarting the application under IIS the module does not show up under the content tab.  Trying to go to the path directly i just get a not found error. (/Sitefinity/Content/Jobs)

I checked the Install  Indicates whether this module should be installed on the next application restart. as well and it didn't work.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello Kristian,

Thank you for using our services.

Could you try adding the jobs module as in the attached video? You can change the startup type to OnApplicationStart and restart the application. I have modified web.config file to force restart of the application.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2010 00:00

Awesome, thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2010 00:00

I have tried this video and no matter what I do I can not get the Jobs node to show up in the Content menu.

Any idea what else could possibly be going wrong?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2010 00:00

It took me a few tries to get it to show up, i think i was looking at a cached version of the admin pages, or try checking that box from my first post.

Hi Kristian,

You are correct it also sometimes takes several restarts of the website. Also there is browser cache which most probably needs to be cleared first.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

The video does not show any browser cache issues or anything, was it edited to leave certain steps out? Was there a certain browser configuration that the author was using?

Additionally, I would also like to know what the recommended method for debugging the installation is?

I am trying to debug by adding a project reference to the jobs module project from within my sitefinity project, and placing a break-point on the Install method. 

Ok, I was finally able to get it to install, after several rounds of clearing cache and restarting the site.
I hope in the final release this process is not quite as finicky.

I would still like to know what the recommended way of debugging the install is.

Thanks
Joe

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2010 00:00

Hello Joe Keller,

The recommended way if you have your code in a code library project is to add a reference to this project in your website solution. Then set up the website as the startup project and run VS WebDevelopment Server.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2010 00:00

I have not been able to do this successfully under BETA2. As far as I can see it does not seem like it Module installs correctly. I got to the point where I could see the module group page under the backend pages, but the page below it has no name and is in draft status. Publish/renaming that page seems to have no effect.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2010 00:00

Hi Kristian,

Can you try the following steps.

1) Create new Sitefinity project using the project manager.

2) Open the project in Visual Studio and add a reference to the Jobs.dll.

3) Go to the project's backend and when adding the module for StartupType type OnApplicationStart and make sure that the Install checkbox is selected.

4) Save your changes and restart the website by making a dummy edit in the web.config.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

I've tried these steps and come to the same result. The sub page that should say

JobApplicationList

is blank. This is from a clean project I just created, and compiling the sample code that was provided in the SDK beta2.

Hi Kristian,

I am attaching a sample video of how we add the module as well as the working project. You may need to fix the reference to the jobs assembly. The password for the admin account is password.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/296/224018_5F00_jobs.rar:320:240]

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/296/224019_5F00_jobsmoduleinstallation.rar:320:240]

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2010 00:00

Thanks! i was actually using a build older than yours, i tried with the newest build and it worked fine. I would have never noticed if you didnt go into the licensing screen in your video.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2010 00:00

I've attempted to install the Jobs module using 4.0.907.0 and I haven't had much luck.  The ApplicationModule page looks different (the "install" checkbox is missing, for example).  In addition the default value of the StartupType is different.

Have the steps to register a custom module changed?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello HMcCracken,

The steps are the same.

The difference is some re-factoring in the installation methods. You no longer need the Install check-box. What you need to do is set StartupType to either OnFirstCall or OnApplicationStart and restart the application.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

I've done the steps, but still it doesn't appear... :(

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Daniel,

My college George attached a sample project here. Can you try it?

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed