Can't create PageTemplate

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 00:53

Can't create PageTemplate

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2010 00:00

Hello,

I'm trying to use the API to create PageTemplates from code but I ran into a problem. After creating a page manager with

m_PageManager = PageManager.GetManager();
I get a valid reference but then when I call

PageTemplate template = m_PageManager.CreateTemplate();

I get the following exception:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: You are not authorized to 'Create 0' ('PageTemplates').
   at DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_4cd78ae30c8f42e0b41029957c79c297.CreateTemplate()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.CreateTemplate()
   at ............ :line 57

The following two lines execute without problem

PageData pageData = m_PageManager.CreatePageData();
PageNode pageNode = m_PageManager.CreatePageNode();

Any ideas what could be wrong when creating templates and maybe a small example on how to create one and use it with a page?

Best regards,
Lupi

Hi Lupi,

You are getting the error, because you are not logged in and you are trying to create a new template with an anonymous user. You have to grant "Anonymous" user "Create" permissions or suppress the security check.

var manager = PageManager.GetManager();
manager.Provider.SuppressSecurityChecks = true;
var template =  manager.CreateTemplate(new Guid("DB253C06-DF25-42b3-8BF7-2CE022E53121"));
template.Name = "SampleTemplate2";
template.Title = "SampleTemplate2";
manager.SaveChanges();

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

Hello

Thanks, that worked for other content managers as well. Now I found possibly an issue - when calling

var checkNews = newsManager.GetNewsItem(id);

where id is some Guid I get this exception:

Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.NoSuchObjectException: No row for Telerik.Sitefinity.News.Model.NewsItem ('sf_news_items') GenericOID@c54d4ae0 NewsItem content_id=e74a0fec-0607-450c-81ce-24eb1df3c676 NOTRES
   at DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessNewsProvider_3986aa31ddb24962bfe5c86a5a0b89c0.GetNewsItem(Guid id)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.News.NewsManager.GetNewsItem(Guid id)
   at ....

Hello Lupi,

Try using the code below.

var item = App.WorkWith().NewsItem().ContentManager.GetItem(typeof(NewsItem), new Guid("76CFAEBD-E2BB-40B5-9670-C10C565B7830"));

Make sure that you are passing the correct id . You can make an query to the database - SELECT * FROM [DB NAME].[dbo].[sf_news_items]

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

Thanks for the reply. I used the following code and it worked for me:

var items = newsManager.GetNewsItems().Where(t => t.Title == title && t.PublicationDate == publicationDate);
if (items.Count() > 0)

or

Guid id = new Guid(<my_source_guid>);
var items = newsManager.GetNewsItems().Where(t => t.Id == id);
if (items.Count() > 0)

This thread is closed