Cannot install SDK - Windows Installer Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:56

Cannot install SDK - Windows Installer Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Aug-2010 00:00

When I attempt to run the Sitefinity_SDK_4_0_beta.msi It takes an unusually long time to "prepair for install" then after about 5-8 minutes I get a small window which reads:

This installation package cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service. You must install a Windoes service pack that contains a newer version of the Windows Installer service.

I've ran windows update and made sure all things are up to date. I've tried running the msi on mutiple machines aswell.
 I was able to run the regular Sitefinity_4_0_beta.exe just fine but this SDK msi never runs.

What am I missing?

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi Chris,

Which version of Windows you use and which SP you have installed. We are not able to reproduce issues locally on Windows 7 and Vista.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm using Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition with Service Pack 2.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2010 00:00

Hi, has there been any development yet on what I should do in order to be able to install the SDK?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2010 00:00

Hi Chris,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We have tested the installation package of the Sitefinity 4.0 SDK before the release, we have also tested this after you have reported your issue, still unable to reproduce it. We have tested on Windows Server 2008 SP2 with Windows Installer version 4.5.6001.22159 as in attached image. You can check the version of the installer runtime by running msiexec.exe.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2010 00:00

Thanks it did turn out to be a problem with my version of windows installer. I guess the installer isn't something that get updated automatically with windows update as I had to goto microsofts site and download the latests installer manually.

This thread is closed