sf_users in 4.0

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:15

sf_users in 4.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2010 00:00

Hi,

I just installed the 4.0 beta and I'm looking into the sf_users table.  I see fields like fld_psswrd_nswer_attempt_count, whereas in 3.7 the field was named FailedPassAttemptCount  (I assume).  Why in the world is this changing?  Password became passwd?  As a person who will be responsible for migrating our current authentication functionality (if we decide to go down the sitefinity route), I'd be interested to know if this will stay like this after launch.

Thank you,

John Dells.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2010 00:00

Hi John,

All database object names are produced automatically from our ORM. We do not have a convention. However this would not be a problem for migrating from older editions of the CMS. Migrations should be done using our API and not SQL - it would be impossible to know all table relations as information for different types is stored across several tables. Furthermore the whole system is rewritten from scratch and there are huge differences between the types in Sitefintiy 3.x and Sitefinity 4.0 making this even harder to migrate a website from an older version using SQL.

Sitefinity allows the use of custom membership providers as long as they implement the .NET MembershipProviders - there will be no problem to use your custom provider instead of the ones we ship Sitefinity with.

We are going to create a database object naming convention, however we are not going to change the already existing object names to ensure smooth upgrade process from the already release beta version to later releases.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

I want to understand how the provider model works. If we were to implement say the standard asp.net membership provider, will all the functionalities in the sitefinity application work as-is, or would we find that there are custom aspects of the telerik membership provider that are not supported by other providers.

Forgive me if this question doesn't make sense, but, I hope someone can explain it to me.

Thanks
Joe

Hello Joe Keller,

For Sitefinity 4.0 we do not yet have documentation that explains multiple providers. The BETA version of the  supports managing users and roles from multiple membership providers and Active Directory but we still have some glitches. New providers can be configured from backend UI >> Configurations->Security >> Membership ( or related section - say LDAP)  .By default in BETA there are two providers - "Default" and "AppRoles". There is a third provider for LDAP

You might find these posts useful

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

So if I was interested in adding a number of custom properties to a user, such as a departmentid, region code, etc.

Would I look at using the ProfileManager to do this?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2010 00:00

Hello Joe Keller,

ProfileManager has several methods that you can use to get/create Profile object.

CreateProfile -creates a new profile.
GetProfile - Gets a profile with the specified identity
GetProfiles - get all providers.

Then you can call GetValue method of Profile object to get a dynamic property or SetValue to set the value of a dynamic property

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed