SDK Installer says not enough room

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:52

SDK Installer says not enough room

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2010 00:00

I'm having another problem with the SDK installer. Since I don't have enough space on my C:\ drive I've told the SDK to stall on my D:\ drive which has plenty of space. But the installer continues to notify me that there isn't enough room on the C:\ drive and won't continue with the installation.

Strange thing is, it actually did let me proceed with the install once. That time I told it to install to the C:\ drive at first, upon telling me that the c:\ drive didn't have room, i went back, changed it to D:\ and it went. Then I got pulled away and since i was doing the install on a remote connection when my connection went idle it caused the installation to fail.

Now I cannot repeat that and it constantly tells me that C is full, even when i select another drive.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2010 00:00

While I was able to work around my original problem by restarting the machine. I ran into another while when I saw able to watch the entire install. I get an error from the Chainer.

This comes at, what i'm assume is, the end of the install. See attached image.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2010 00:00

Hello Chris,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately the drive set through the Location textbox is related only for the SDK itself.
The embedded installations of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX and RadControls for Silverlight get C:\ drive as install location by default, which unfortunately can't not be changed.

As a workaround you may turn off the Telerik RadControls (by choosing Custom installation and turning off "Additional Tools from telerik") in order to install the SDK. After that you could separately download the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX and RadControls for Silverlight and to install them on the drive you want.

Kind regards,
Biliana
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

Thanks, but the work around you suggest sounds like it's for the disk space issue I was originially having. I've gotten around that issue and I'm now having a problem at the end of the installation with the 'chainer'. Could you please advise what I should do about this chainer issue.

Hello Chris,

Could you run the installer with logging enabled and send the log file back so we can try and identify the problem?

To perform the above operation use the following steps:

• open a Command Prompt console;
  • navigate to the Sitefinity SDK installer directory;
  • execute the following command msiexec /i [Sitefinity_SDK_Installer_FileName] /limev SitefinitySDK.Installer.log
  • proceed with the installation and wait until it finishes.
You can then send us the generated log file.

As a side note, you could still try running the installer with the "Additional Tools from telerik" excluded, as the Chainer is actually involved in the run of the embedded installer.

I look forward your reply.

Kind regards,
Biliana
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

I'll have to provide a download link to the log since i cannot attach it and trying to copy the contents into a post crashes my browser.

www.maxqtech.com/SitefinitySDK.Installer.zip

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Sep-2010 00:00

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the log. We are still researching the problem, because we couldn't reproduce it locally.
The chainer which is causing the issue is responsible for the installation of the embedded RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX and RadControls for Silverlight. So could you try once again to exclude the "Additional Tools from telerik" feature from the installation and see if this will help.

Best wishes,
Biliana
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2011 00:00

I'm getting this same chainer error when I install Sitefinity SDK 4.2 on my development machine (Windows Server 2003).  Was there ever a solution for this chainer error issue during installation?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Bryan,

Thanks to your ticket and the information you provided we were able to find a work around for this case.

Due to some specifics in our installer the problem persists when trying to install Sitefinity SDK through Remote Desktop Connection on a Windows Server 2003 machine.

The problem could be avoided by starting the Remote Desktop Connection in a session for administering the server. Here are the commands to do that:
1.If you start the Remote Desktop Connection from Windows XP SP2 or Windows 2003: use mstsc /console.
2.If you start Remote Desktop Connection from Windows XP SP2 or Windows 2003: use mstsc /admin.

Best wishes,
Biliana
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed