Error on permissions screen

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:02

Error on permissions screen

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2010 00:00

I get the error message in the attached screenshot when I try to go to the permissions menu.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2010 00:00

Hello Joe Keller,

We tried to reproduce the issue locally with no avail. Could you try to install a new project or drop the current database and tell us whether the issue appears for you. If the problem persists could you send this project and its database, so we could see what is causing this issue?

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

I've receive the same error, my site is running on IIS7

Hi Kristian,

Could you send this project and its database to us?

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

Possibly, how would I get this to you?

I am able to view the permissions page if I edit the backend pages, just the control gives the error

Hi Kristian,

This does not look as the same error that Joe is getting. From the url on his screenshot and his description it looks like that he is going to Permissions section directly and he is not going to edit the backend page.

Anyway, I am currently using the latest internal build and I am not able to see this issue. Testing with the beta also does not throw object reference for me.

If you want you can open Support ticket and attach your project for review, but I cannot reproduce the issue with the BETA or latest version from source control.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

It is the same error if i go directly to the permissions page like joe did. I will wait to see if it happens in the RC since it is close to october.

Thanks for your help again Ivan

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Oct-2010 00:00

After upgrading to BETA2 this still occurs.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2010 00:00

Hello Kristian,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We have tried to reproduce the issue locally. We have upgraded a website created with the beta to beta 2 and tried to reproduce the issue, however to no avail. I would kindly ask you to open a bug report and send us the faulty project we will set it up and see what might be going wrong.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed