Problem with page permissions

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 08:22

Problem with page permissions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Sep-2010 00:00

Hi,

When I set the view page permission to a specific user or role, sitefinity doesn't show a login screen (if user is not already loged in) but shows a 404 File or Directory not found error.

The URL of the page is e.g. ffm-srv-ext-2a/.../test-2 .
This works fine if permission is set to "Everyone". If the permission is set to a specific role I get the above error.
It is interesting that a hyperlink to this page (on another page) looks like this: "ffm-srv-ext-2a/.../Item not found: [pages]827ee96d-eaef-4c27-bda6-c8930f338bfd".
If I set the permission back to "Everyone" the hyperlink works just fine.

Any help is very much appreciated!

PS. I'm running SF 4 Beta on a 2008 R2 Server with IIS 7.5

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Sep-2010 00:00

Hello SolarX,

Thank you for using our services.

This is a known issue with applying view permissions and anonymous access. The page is restricted to certain users, however the property to deny anonymous access is not set which produces the 404 error. We have this issue logged for fixing.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi

That issue is still relevant?

Restricting access works, but lookup the page with anonymous user still produces an 404 error. How can I set the "deny anonymous access property" of the restricted page?

Thanks and regards

Florian

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello SolarX,

The issue is not resolved in the RC 2 build. I answered similar question several days ago in this post. I will escalate this issue and I believe that it will be fixed before the official release.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

This thread is closed