Authentication and User issues...

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:32

Authentication and User issues...

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2010 00:00

I am rather new to SiteFinity, but am having issues getting standard .NET Login controls to work on pages that I create.  I would prefer using the standard controls if possible but am having the following issues.

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login control does not authenticate users, must use Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm.

System.Web.UI.WebControls.LoginName control works fine once logged in, and can also get at identity details in code by using Page.User, etc.

System.Web.UI.WebControls.LoginStatus control does not work..  Always says "Logout", and when clicked does not actually log the user out.  I have also attempted using FormsAuthentication.SignOut() in code, but the user still remains logged in. 
Is there something sepecial that needs to be done to force a logout?

I have read the documentation and see very little on the subject of security other than how to create a user, role, etc, but nothing on how to gain access to the user objects at runtime for front end membership.
For example does the SiteFinity framework have something similar to Page.User that I should be using?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2010 00:00

Hello Bobby,

You cannot use the standard Login control directly. Please take a look at this post.

You can force a log out by using SecurityManager.Logout(); method which deletes all authentication cookies for the principal.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Oct-2010 00:00

I don't have a Logout() method in Telerik.Security.SecurityManager() Is there an equivalent for the 3.x version?

(I doubled checked my security dll using dotnet reflector, no Logout() method, not even private)

I would like to be able to do this too.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Oct-2010 00:00

Hi David,

In 3.x edition you can use FormsAuthentication.SignOut().

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

This thread is closed