JobsModule Widget

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:03

JobsModule Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2010 00:00

I might be missing something very small, but for some reason I cannot get the JobModule's JobApplicationUpload working. Everything else seems to be working, Jobs is available via the Content menu but as soon as I try dragging and dropping the Widget onto a page I encounter the following error: Type "Jobs.JobApplicationUpload" cannot be resolved.

I have made no modifications to the code, simply compiled as instructed, copied to the Sitefinity Bin. I have also registered the Module as detailed in How_to_create_a_basic_module_4.0_Beta2.pdf as well as registered the Widget.

I would really appreciate a point in the right direction. Thank you in advance.

Hello Trevor,

Thank you for using our services.

It seems that the Jobs controls cannot be resolved. Can you please try to add a Reference in the SitefinityWebApp to the Jobs.dll and build the web application.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

Hi Radoslav,

Thank you for your very quick reply! I removed the existing references, recompiled the sample code and re-referenced it in my sitefinity project and built the website. Unfortunately no luck, still receiving the same error. 

Hi Trevor,

Can you please make sure that there are no spelling mistakes or typos in the control registration the complete control type in the latest release of the SDK is Jobs.PublicControls.JobApplicationUpload.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

Hi Radoslav,

Thank you very much! That did the trick, I had a sneaking suspicion it was something small I was missing. The Module creation documentation included with the SDK is a tiny bit out of date. It's currently referencing the ControlType as Jobs.JobApplicationUpload instead of Jobs.PublicControls.JobApplicationUpload as well as directing to: Settings > Configuration which should be Administration > Settings.

Thank you again for your help!

Hello Trevor,

Thank you for noting this. We will update our SDK documentation with the next release to match the latest code changes.

Sincerely yours,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed