Another form module instance

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:24

Another form module instance

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2010 00:00

I'd like to create another module with the same features as the forms module, would there be an easy way to do this?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello Kristian,

Thank you for using our services.

Unfortunately the Forms module is not easily expendable and you will have hard time developing a module which derives from it. Could you please share what you need to achieve with this custom module which is not covered in the built in one?

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2010 00:00

I wanted to have end users to be able to create their own forms and not have to go to the back end to do so as well as not interfere with the default forms module.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2010 00:00

Hello Kristian,

I am sorry for being late with my reply. Unfortunately due to the design and development of of the Page and Form editors they cannot be reused in third party modules or controls.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

Well that is too bad, well i guess I can still use the default forms, i was hoping just to have a cleaner approach by using another module with the forms

Hi Kristian,

You can use the API to create forms programmatically, but the user experience will be worse that using the built-in implementation.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed