Modifying built-in controls

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:07

Modifying built-in controls

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2010 00:00

I am currently using the latest RC and would like to utilize the back-end control that manages the users.  However, the controls used through out the system are not like they were in 3.7 where they were located in the ControlTemplates folder under the Sitefinity folder.  Are these controls going to be available?  If so, do you have an estimate of when?  We are in the middle of a development project on the 4.0 RC scheduled to launch Feb 1, but most of the modifications will be done to controls that already exist.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Alex,

You can edit the backend pages from Sitefinity >> Administration >> BackendPages >> Pages. Then go to Administration >> UserManagement node.Each child node of UserManagement has a control UsersList which you can replace or remove.

We have a task to refactor, change the code and define the controls that are loaded by each page element in the PageDataElement config which will allow you to replace the control though configuration files.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2010 00:00

After looking further into the user management area, I actually want to modify the "Edit User" screen.  I need to store more information, such as address, about a user and need to have that on that screen.  Like I said in 3.7 all those backend controls were accessible, but in the current RC it does not look that way.

Thanks,
Alex Lorenz
indianapolismotorspeedway.com | indycar.com | imstix.com

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Alex,

UsersList is a complex  IScriptContorol control that wraps two RadWindow controls inside it - edit users and new user. The list view is represented by RadGrid control bound through RadGridBinder. The only way to modify the default behavior is creating a custom control that inherits from UsersList and replace it in the backend pages.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

This thread is closed