How do I disallow child layouts to be placed inside a custom

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 23:49

How do I disallow child layouts to be placed inside a custom layout control

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2011 00:00

I have a certain layout "Area" that I dont want the user to be able to drag anything into...is there an event or something I can decorate the div with that'll do that blocking for me?

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2011 00:00

This would be of interest for me as well. Currently I have just put a content block into such places, and a single space as the content. Doesn't work perfectly but well.. at least it works as a workaround (it seems bit pointless to create such custom layout control..).

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

Any news on this one ? Especially now that it seems that filled content placeholders show up unnecessary placeholders in SF.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello,

You can define who can drop widgets from each layout's permissions settings. Thus you can restrict layout elements to be populated with widgets.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2011 00:00

Hey Radoslav,
  I actually wanted to take it one step farther...and only allow child layouts to be dragged into a layout

I did find a way around it with CSS though :)

HOWEVER, the bug still exists where the styles dont come down until I publish and come back

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

Thank you for getting back to us.

The problem is that when you add a control we use asynchrous call to get the output html of the control. This however does not update the page header. We are currently testing the fix for this. Which will work when you add a resource links control to the markup of your control template. The fix should be released with the SP.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2011 00:00

Oh awesome, finally :)

Whats the servicepack ETA?...tomorrow? march?

...tomorrow?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

You can check our RoadMap for the ETA.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed