Request Timeout

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:33

Request Timeout

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2011 00:00

I get nothing but timeouts when I try to run the VS Sample projects. VS running as admin. Sitefinity 4.0 RTW.
I've tried the "Run VS Sample solution" in the welcome screen. Nothing ever loads. I've also tried to "Repair" the Sitefinity installation. The version number on the installer is 4.0.1098.0.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2011 00:00

I think the DB services were not running. There should definitely be a timeout if the DB cannot be contacted/opened.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

It is possible that your SQLExpress instance is not running at the location the Sample website expects. You can change the connection string of the database using the DataConfig.config file located in the App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration folder of the SitefinityWebApp solution. The current config looks similar to this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<dataConfig initialized="True" xmlns:config="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration" xmlns:type="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration:type" config:version="4.0.1090.0">
    <connectionStrings>
        <add connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|Sitefinity.mdf" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" name="Sitefinity" />
    </connectionStrings>
</dataConfig>

Note that the connection to the database is explicitly localhost\SQLExpress. Would you try that and let us know if the problem persists?

Thank you for contacting us and we look forward to receiving your early feedback for our new release!

All the best,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

This thread is closed