How to install the examples?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:38

How to install the examples?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2011 00:00

What's the process for installing the sample projects? Some of them have mixed ascx and cs files. And I don't see an "install extensions" option in the admin interface. Is it in the documentation somewhere?

Did you download and run the sitefinity MSI installer?  The samples, extensions, etc should all be available there.

Yes, but I can't find a section of the help documentation which explains how to take a custom extension (like the included jobs module) and install it into a just-created project. Just copy the dll file? What about the ASCX files?

Hi Eric,

I believe that you should download the SDK released with Sitefinity 4.0 which has a sample products module with documentation for it.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

Just copy over the assembly and register it inside of the Settings area in the admin backend :)

The ascx files in the assembly project get embedded into the dll as resources.  I haven't actually needed to map them externally yet, but I imagine that's doable still as well.

This thread is closed