DetailFormViewElement without webservice?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:54

DetailFormViewElement without webservice?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am just wondering that if there is any way to link up my definitions (toolbars, MasterGridViewElement etc) with my class where I have written logic using Fluent API. 
Actually I have created my own fields using DynamicData,but I cant find way to call these methods of mine from definition controls. Or is there any way to have my webservice doesnt need to implement ContentServiceBase so that I could have what I want?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello saadi,

Can you give us more details regarding what you're trying to achive?

Greetings,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2011 00:00

Actually I am using definitions for the backend. I have done research over dynamic types and fields. I am assuming that I can make my own type (table) with custom fields etc. I just want to know is it necessary to have webservice only to define WebserviceBaseUrl property of DetailFormViewElement (that is, when using definitions). Cant I show data having class inheriting SimpleView along with deifnitions (MasterGrudVuewElement etc).

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Saad,

DetailFormViewElement is used in the definitions, generally for backend views like Create, Edit. DetailFormViewElement is a configuration element.  If you do not set WebServiceBaseUrl then there would not be a code that will work with the object you are using in your module.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

This thread is closed