Category Control

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 03:01

Category Control

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

What does the category control do...?  Or how does it work.

I put it on the page, I see the categories, but clicking them just adds this to the url
/-in-Category/Categories/ and nothing happens

(the page just has a blog control and the category control on it)

Hi Steve,

Generally the Categories Control should display all taxons. The BlogPosts control is filtered based on the url.

The strange thing there is that you do no see the taxon name. I prepared a short video for you.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

I will record a video and show you...the url looks like

http://www.site.com/blog/

Then I click a category...and it changes to www.site.com/.../ ...?

As I now look at it...

The "Category" URLS should be lowercase to follow the standard, no?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

No, you can have capital letter. For the particular category you can change the url to uppercase or lowercase when you create a category.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

Did you managed to get this working?
I'm not able to get it to work.

I have set the baseurl on the Category control, but it still says: /-in-Category/Categories/
Same counts for Tags...

I used this documentation to configure it:
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/user-guide/displaying-content-using-widgets/classifications-widgets-group/configuring-the-categories-widget.aspx

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,

What is the property baseurl in the tags widget for?  Can we use this to redirect to another page when a tag is clicked (this page will contain all items related to that specific tag)?

Thanks,
Isaac

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Viray,

BaseUrl - Gets or sets the base URL of the page that will be used to display content items.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2012 00:00

I've been trying to use the baseurl property and it doesn't seem to change the tags content.

We have 2 different blogs.
Tour Blog and Tour Blog fr

The Tour Blog is on the page /blog
The Tour Blog fr is on the page /le-blog

I would think by your description that if I change the baseUrl property to /blog it should only show the tags associated with items in the Tour Blog.

I would also like to think that if I change the BaseUrl property to /le-blog it should only show the tags associated with Tour Blog fr.

Any thoughts?

The final objective is to have the Tag Widget display only tags associated with english blog posts on the /blog page and french blog posts on the /le-blog page.
If there is another way of doing this please let me know.

Sitefinity 5.1.327

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2012 00:00

<duplicate post>

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2012 00:00

Hello Mary,

We have answered you in the support ticket you opened.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Time to cast your vote for Telerik! Tell DevPro Connections and Windows IT Pro why Telerik is your choice. Telerik is nominated in a total of 25 categories.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2012 00:00

I too am having issues with this control. Here is our test page,
livingontheedge.org/read-blog-testing-chris

Clicking on a category generates a URL similar to
livingontheedge.org/.../adversity

And that is generating a "page not found" error. Here is how I have configured the category control, screen shot,
www.evernote.com/.../3af77f187e04b02aa9ac48a4c1ad3980

Any insights on how I can filter our blog page by category? This isn't working for us.
Thanks,

This thread is closed