Open News items in a RadWindow popup

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 01:55

Open News items in a RadWindow popup

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am trying to make the news module display a RadWindow popup when the user clicks on a specific item.

For now, I haven't find anyway how to use the RadWindow on the page.

I tried opening a RadWindow from javascript and it worked fine with window.radopen, but the window shows up with no "close" sign!

then I tried to drag a RadWindow on my page, but I had no idea how to open it from Javascript. for instance I changed its ID and then called radopen with that ID, but it seems to open just a new window that doesn't reflect the properties I specified in the RadWindow.

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

Anyone?

How to open a RadWindow with radopen with the "Close" behaviour

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

How are you doing it...usercontrol with a RadWindow, or just dragging the widget onto the page?

So I assume you defined the behaviors?   If you can get at the .show function that means you can also get at the set_behaviors client event (should be able to anyway) LINK ...there should be no problem assuming you can get a clientside $find reference to the object.

Personally I don't like using the built-in widgets, they're just the normal controls, almost useless without some code behind...not sure why most are there without custom designers.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Martani,

radopen function returns a reference to the RadWindow object, so it can be additionally configured using the various RadWindow methods. For example:

var dialog = radopen(url, dialogName);
if (dialog)
    dialog.set_behaviors(Telerik.Web.UI.WindowBehaviors.Close);

Note that radopen requires the RadWindowManager to exist on the page, even though you do not explicitly reference it in your code.

Regards,
Pepi
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.

This thread is closed