Dynamic Url Creation and Page Redirect Within Widget

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:16

Dynamic Url Creation and Page Redirect Within Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2011 00:00

I'm using the RadScheduler to display my Events in a calendar view and need to create an event detail page to display the detailed event information when an event/appointment is clicked on within the RadScheduler.  I was hoping to do this using dynamic url construction as discussed in this thread, however I am not sure how to redirect to the eventdetail page.  For example, clicking on an event titled "SitefinityConference" would redirect to ~/SitefinityConference/EventDetail where EventDetail is the landing page and SitefinityConference is a parameter that could be referenced on page load.  How would I go about redirecting to a page while taking dynamic urls into account?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2011 00:00

Upon reading the linked post again, I realized I had misunderstood the response.  Sitefinity adds the parameters onto the end of the url, so instead of ~/SitefinityConference/EventDetail, the url would be ~/EventDetail/SitefinityConference.  The code snippet in the other post can then be used to retrieve the parameters from the url on PageLoad/InitializeControls.  Hopefully this post helps clarify and document this feature for other users.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2012 00:00

Geoff, I'm doing something similar.  I have a list of names that I pull from a sql server table and I wonder if you can help me with the dynamic page url portion.  

This is an example list.  Instead of passing ?name= in the querystring to create the dynamic page, how can I create an SEO friendly dynamic page that doesn't give me a 404 error?
Example of my list
Duck:  instead of going to /details?name=duck I want the URL to be /details/duck
Mouse:  instead of going to /details?name=mouse I want the URL to be /details/mouse
Chicken: instead of going to /details?name=chicken I want the URL to be /details/chicken

Do you have any code samples of how you were able to do this? I'm using SF 4.3.
Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2012 00:00

Geoff, I'm doing something similar.  I have a list of names that I pull from a sql server table and I wonder if you can help me with the dynamic page url portion.  

This is an example list.  Instead of passing ?name= in the querystring to create the dynamic page, how can I create an SEO friendly dynamic page that doesn't give me a 404 error?
Example of my list
Duck:  instead of going to /details?name=duck I want the URL to be /details/duck
Mouse:  instead of going to /details?name=mouse I want the URL to be /details/mouse
Chicken: instead of going to /details?name=chicken I want the URL to be /details/chicken

Do you have any code samples of how you were able to do this? I'm using SF 4.3.
Thanks.

This thread is closed