Specifying the site URL to upload to in Sitefinity 4.0 SDK?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 20:49

Specifying the site URL to upload to in Sitefinity 4.0 SDK?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

I've built a basic console app to upload documents to a document library on my Sitefinity 4 site. However, I have not specified the location of the site itself.

Thus, how can I upload a document to a library when the code does not describe where the site is? How can I thus specify the site url?

Bare in mind, I am on a shared hosting provider (DiscountASP.NET)...

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi G S S,

You can use DocumentLibraryService

sitefinity/services/content/documentlibraryservice.svc/help

There is a SaveContent method that you can use.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

Thanks for the link.

However, could you give an example of how to invoke this from C#, attaching a document for upload?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi G S S,

1. You can access the service with javascript by using Sys.Net.WebRequest()
2. Using server side code  and making HttpWebRequest

You need to create the content object first and then save it through the service.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

How can I add the file to the web service request? I used the Content object previously,but I'd now need to serialize this in my request?

Looking at the request example, it's not obvious how the file to upload is included.

Could you give a full C# example of how I'd upload a file to the server using that service?

EDIT: It looks like this link ( www.sitefinity.com/.../content-items-create.html) is what I need for creating and saving a content item.

Thanks

This thread is closed