Not able to find Telerik.WebModule in trial version of Sitef

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 03:08

Not able to find Telerik.WebModule in trial version of Sitefinity 4.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello There,

I have installed trial version of Sitefinity 4.0 last week.I created a new project in Sitefinity (SF) .

I am trying to crate a new module in SF 4.0 and following Gabe Sumners's video directions to create a new module.

I added a .cs file in App_Code folder and next step is to add 'Telerik.WebModule ' and I am able to find 'WebModule' .

Is it not supported by trial version ?
Are there any DLLs I can download to add it?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Gauree,

Telerik.WebModule is an abstract class that is available in 3.x editions. If you use Sitefinity 4.0, please install our SDK and take a look at the sample modules provided there - Jobs and Products.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Thanks for the reply Ivan.

I want to create a simple Intra-Site module and some times it is little difficult to follow the sample code in Jobs module.
I was wondering if there is any documentation or a video on adding module in SF 4.0.

Please let me know.

Hello Gauree,

There is a documentation about the installation of the Products module that comes with the SDK.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Hello Ivan,

I am not planing to install any module in my project. I want to create new module.

Could please tell me specific URL for documentation or Video(like Gabe Sumners's)  or recorded webinar for creating module from scratch?
OR
If you could give me some brief steps to follow that will be good to.

Thanks.

I just found out - the documentation for creating a Job module is there in the SDK -'How to ...', but it is for creating Pluggable module and I want to create a simpler intra-site module.

Thanks

Hi Gauree,

Pluggable and Intrasite modules are terms valid for Sitefinity 3.x. As you might know there is no functional difference between both the modules. In Sitefinity 4.0 you can use modules compiles into class libraries, although the web application will allow you to put them directly into the solution the recommended way is using a separate class library for this as our samples shows.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Hello Ivan,

What I am doing doesn’t need to be ported to other sites. Therefore I want to take the easy route and not develop the module using a DLL.( where as all the modules showed in the sample are using created and added using DLL)

Could you please suggest any samples/tutorials on implementing a module that way?

Thanks,
Gauree

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Gauree,

Then you have to create a folder in your application and add all module files in this folder. The templates and resource files (css, js) have to be built as embedded resources and you should register the css and js inside AssemblyInfo.cs of the project.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2011 00:00

This is not helping.

Anyways - I created a basic job module as showed in the sample.
and now need to take it out form the 'Content' list on the dashboard, I removed it form
Administration-Settings-Advanced- System-ApplicationModules 
Still I see it,Why?

I created a new module(creating new class library) which only has the list overview ( Radgrid in it ) and I followed all the steps in the tutorial but I still cannot add it in the 'Content' list on the dashboard.
Is there anything additional I need to do in order to add second module in my project ?

This thread is closed