Widget Template Localization

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:19

Widget Template Localization

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2011 00:00

If I want to include a text in a widget template what would be the correct way to localize it?

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Nelson,

Please take a look at the this topic from our documentation: Providing Localizable Resources. This provides information on the approach we use for localization resources, which will also allow to translate those resources from the Sitefinity UI.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

The link to the documentation was not really useful... I already knew how Sitefinity resources work. My initial inquiry was about the recommended approach to creating Widget Templates with multi-language support? E.g: if I'm creating a template for the News widget (in list mode) and I want to include some text (like: "read more") below every headline, how should I do it in order to maintain the ability of the website to be translated from the Sitefinity backend?

Thanks again.

Hi Nelson,

This article explains exactly that how you can create resource classes which can be used in widget templates (section using resources in code).

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2016 00:00

please repost the resource link.

The link initially provided isn't working

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2016 00:00

Hello Avi,

How to create a custom resource classes is described here:
http://docs.sitefinity.com/for-developers-create-custom-resource-classes

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed