Custom Fields for Pages

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 04:00

Custom Fields for Pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2011 00:00

I love the custom fields I can apply to modules, but will we ever be able to apply them to Pages as well?...I'd really like to add some custom fields on creating a new page.

Does it exist somewhere already?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

This could be done only programmatically. Please check this thread

www.sitefinity.com/.../can-tags-and-categories-be-applied-to-a-page.aspx

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2011 00:00

Hmmm, I was looking for the awesome Custom Field functionality the content items have

Is this on some sort of roadmap since it is possible in the code behind by any chance?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

Custom  fields for pages is in our plans but we have not decided on the exact timing of delivery yet and will base it on feedback from the community.
To that end I entered the feature in our Issue Tracking system. Using this link you can vote for the implementation and track its status.

Thanks for raising this request for consideration. It might be considered beneficial by many clients.  

Greetings,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2012 00:00

The article above goes to page not found.  Where can I find information about adding custom fields to a page?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,

Here is updated link

www.sitefinity.com/.../can-tags-and-categories-be-applied-to-a-page.aspx

Custom fields for pages are not supported out of the box. You can save the field, but the backend page service will fail when retrieving it. So if you want to have them for some custom implementation there would not be a problem.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

This thread is closed