Custom Module Error

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:17

Custom Module Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,

I'm receiving following exception when the application starts. What could be the reason? I have installed a custom module called BrightcoveVideo under NHLPA.Modules namespace.

Timestamp: 4/5/2011 3:09:13 PM

Message: HandlingInstanceID: 9d3c3400-c848-4f8f-a76d-fe1bc037a3bc
An exception of type 'Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.MetadataException' occurred and was caught.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04/05/2011 11:09:13
Type : Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.MetadataException, Telerik.OpenAccess, Version=2010.3.1125.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342
Message : Persistence-capable-superclass 'Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.Content' not declared in meta data. --> NHLPA.Modules.BrightcoveVideo, Version=1.0.4112.18261, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null/namespace[NHLPA.Modules.BrightcoveVideo.Model]/class[NHLPA.Modules.BrightcoveVideo.Model.VideoItem]
Source : Unity_ILEmit_DynamicClasses
Help link : 
ErrorId : 0
ClassName : Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.Content
FieldName : 
TableName : 
ColumnName : 
AmbiguousValue : 
DisambiguatedValue : 
FileName : 
ProjectName : 
IndexName : 
ConstraintName : 
ProcedureName : 
PreviousDefiner : 
Context : --> NHLPA.Modules.BrightcoveVideo, Version=1.0.4112.18261, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null/namespace[NHLPA.Modules.BrightcoveVideo.Model]/class[NHLPA.Modules.BrightcoveVideo.Model.VideoItem]
Usage : 
Column : 0
Line : 0
IsWarning : False
HelpKeyword : 
InnerExceptions : 
FailedObject : 
BackendError : 
Reason : Runtime
CanRetry : True
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : Void Initialize(System.String, System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection, System.Type)
Stack Trace :    at DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessProvider_4477efcee8cf4af2b08ca8fa7ddabc04.Initialize(String providerName, NameValueCollection config, Type managerType)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager)

Thanks,
Duneel

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Duneel,

The error is caused by having incomplete OpenAccess mappings , e.g. the mappings for the base Content class are missing for some reason. One solution that i can propose to make sure the base classes ORM mappings are always included is to explicitly declare the Sitefinity model assembly in your OpenAccess data provider GetPersistentAssemblies method. For example in the products module SDK sample this is implemented like this:
 peristentAssemblies = new Assembly[] typeof(ProductItem).Assembly ; , simply add the typeof(Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.Content).Assembly as additional item in the array , so this is also returned by the GetPersistentAssemblies method. This should make sure that the mappings of the Content base class are always included when your data provider is initialized for the first time.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Radoslav,

Our previously developed custom modules doesnt compile on 4.1. Need help!!!

Cant't find sample SDK solution in 4.1.

SOS!!!

thanks,
Duneel

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Duneel,

I already ask the question, 4.1 SDK will be available next week.

Regards,
Nicolas

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello,

Please make sure that you have modified your modules as described in this blog post.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,

I did follow Salvo's blog post about upgrading custom modules. But it was published before the official release and Salvo confirms that it is missing some other changes happened after publishing the post.

I have created a support ticket explaining the exact issues I have with regard to upgrading custom modules and I'm still awaiting for an answer.

Thanks,
Duneel

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Duneel,

Thanks for getting back to me here. We are going to check your custom modules and try to figure out what the problem is.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

This thread is closed