Store session information on server

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 08:29

Store session information on server

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am developing new content management web application using sitefinity. I have one legacy application which is build on different technology then the .Net. My lagacy applicaion is huge so we are planning to first develop and migrate some of the sections on sitefinity platform and for other legacy pages/application just provide redirection from the sitefinity navigation. Could you please guid me on following points.

1) Certain sections of my website is login based and I want to maintain the session between cross applications New Sitefinity portal and Legacy website. I tried to check for storing session information on Sql Database side using following web.config changes but it is not storing and adding any values in AspState database.

<

sessionState mode="SQLServer"

sqlConnectionString="data source=CONF_LENOVO21\SQLEXPRESS;user id=sa;password=abc@123"

cookieless="false"

timeout="20">

</

sessionState>

2) How can I link my navigation to external pages and pdf document? I am not able to see any option while creation of pages. e.g I have navigation link "My legacy page" which should link to my legacy applicaiton url which is non sitefinity application.

Would appriciate for any help.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Janak,

1.Do you get the session object created locally?

2. The NavigationControl provides option to link to an external page. Another option is building a custom navigation control that is bound to SiteMapDataSouce control and inside ItemDataBound event of the custom navigation control you can inject additional nodes ( external nodes)

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for prompt reply. Following are my answers.

1.Do you get the session object created locally?
[Janak:] No actually I haven't try with Sitefinity regarding this but tried with normal asp.net application where I am getting session details. Can you please guide me how can I check the session object in Sitefinity?

2. The NavigationControl provides option to link to an external page. Another option is building a custom navigation control that is bound to SiteMapDataSouce control and inside ItemDataBound event of the custom navigation control you can inject additional nodes ( external nodes)
[Janak:] I will try on this and contact you in case of any support needed

Best Regards,

Janak

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Janak,

You can enable session state as you enable session state on a web application - through web.config. Then you can create a user control and plug into Sitefinity. Through that user control you can work with session state.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2017 00:00

Hi,

Thank in advance, can you please elaborate briefly about session management.

My problem is that i want to enable session state for a particular page using usercontrol as i have made changes in web.config to disable the session for whole application.

Please revert with solution urgently.

This thread is closed