Multiple Custom Modules Not Working

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:10

Multiple Custom Modules Not Working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2011 00:00

Hey Telerik and forum folks,

I entered a ticket for this and still waiting for a response there.  In the meantime, since I'm in a bind trying to get this to work, I figured I'd post in the forums too in case anyone else has run into this problem.

My issue is in trying to install two custom modules (Products Module and a renamed Products Module) in the same project.  What I'm finding is that no matter what I do, the second module never installs.  Installing Module A alone works.  Installing Module B alone works.  B after A or A after B does not work.

What's more, if try to install a second one and then head to Administration/Permissions, I get:

Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'Database has been disposed.'.

And Sitefinity just stops working until I reset the server.

Has anyone run into this?

Thanks

- William

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi William,

The upcoming 4.1 release has new mappings and stabilized custom modules, and it should fix the issue you have with installing more than one custom modules.

Best wishes,
George
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2011 00:00

With 4.1 can't atleast get one module to install at a time.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2011 00:00

Telerik,

Any word on that SDK release?

- William

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello William,

The SDK was released yesterday. Here you can find details on what is included.

Kind regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Thanks, Hristo,

Looks like there are some issues with the module samples included, though.  For me, the title and content fields do not update when you edit them.  A showstopper here for developing custom modules.

Hopefully there's a fix in the works.

- William

Hi William,

Yeah that is an issue with 4.1 custom modules. I'm also waiting for an answer.

Cheers,
Duneel

I ran across this when two modules both had connection strings in the app.config.  Check this and remove them if they are there, it should work.

This thread is closed