NewsRotator issue

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 09:23

NewsRotator issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello,

I compiled the NewsRotator sample project, and registered the widget on my Sitefinity website.
The widget itself works as intended.
Two languages have been set for this site on the "Administration/Settings/languages" section : US-us and FR-fr.

Here is my problem and what leads to it :

- I put the newsrotator widget on a page
- I go to the settings, change some settings or not, save the settings
- I save the page to test it
- I go back to the page edition
- I try to edit the newsrotator widget
- then, i get this error :

Unsupported language "fr-FR". If you want to support this language, please configure your application accordingly.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Unsupported language "fr-FR". If you want to support this language, please configure your application accordingly.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Unsupported language "fr-FR". If you want to support this language, please configure your application accordingly.]
   System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.SetValue(Object component, Object value) +378
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PropertyPersisters.StringablePropertyPersister.Populate(ControlManager`1 manager, ControlProperty propertyData) +291
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ControlManager`1.PopulateProperties(Object component, IList`1 propDataList, CultureInfo culture) +262
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ControlManager`1.LoadControl(ObjectData controlData, CultureInfo culture) +223
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PropertyEditor.InitializeControls(GenericContainer dialogContainer) +197
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls() +58
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.DialogBase.CreateChildControls() +14
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +102
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2496

I was wondering if I should have done something specific on the widget (maybe add something culture-related in the code), or if it is a known issue due to the lack of language pack which will be dealt with in Q1?

Thank you,
F.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello,

We've found an similar to your case and it is fixed for Q1 version. If you are not planning an upgrade please provide the resources.config located in your app_data\sitefinity\configuration folder.

Greetings,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

This thread is closed