Manager Class can't find provider

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 09:09

Manager Class can't find provider

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello, i'm trying to create a custom module (a product category module) based on product custom module. so far it's work fine until i'm tried to add new item (category) it give me an error in manager class in Copy(source, destination) said "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." please see the attached file.

anyone can point some clue where to check this?

thank you.

Hello Augus,

Can you tell us which object is null? The Provider or ?

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

ahh sorry Ivan, yes the provider is null.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

correction, when i'm debugging again, the provider looks like it's not null. because i can hover and see the snippet containing p[ermission properties and so on. here's the stack trace.

at Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecuredObjectExtensions.CopySecurityFrom(ISecuredObject destination, ISecuredObject source, DataProviderBase destinationProvider)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.ContentDataProviderBase.CopyContent(Content source, Content destination)
   at CustomCategories.Data.CategoriesManager.Copy(CategoryItem source, CategoryItem destination) in C:\Program Files\Telerik\Sitefinity 4.0\Projects\ZonkCategory\CustomCategories\Data\CategoriesManager.cs:line 232
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.ContentDataProviderBase.CheckOut[TContent](TContent master, Action`2 copy, IQueryable`1 itemsQuery)
   at CustomCategories.Data.CategoriesManager.CheckOut(CategoryItem item) in C:\Program Files\Telerik\Sitefinity 4.0\Projects\ZonkCategory\CustomCategories\Data\CategoriesManager.cs:line 222
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.SaveContentUsingWorkflow(ContentItemContext`1 context, String parentId, String providerName, String workflowOperation)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.SaveContentInternal(ContentItemContext`1 context, String providerName, String workflowOperation)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.SaveContent(ContentItemContext`1 content, String contentId, String providerName, String version, Boolean published, Boolean checkOut, String workflowOperation)
   at SyncInvokeSaveContent(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)

i still have no clue where to look. thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Augus,

I am not able to replicate the issue with the default setup of the Products module. You have changes something, but it is not clear to me what. If the problem persists, please open a support request and provide us with the module you created.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

Thank you Ivan. unfortunately i can;t replicate it either when i install my module in a new fresh site. it's now causing another issue. but this can be postpone until 4.1 SDK is out (and hopefully with some working sample). once again thank you Ivan :)

This thread is closed