Upgrade Issues

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:07

Upgrade Issues

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2011 00:00

Ok so Im confused...i just upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1 and now im getting an error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.1.1339.0

I look at the dll version and it does not match 4.1.1339.0 its still the 4.0.whatever. But then I read that the Sitefinity SDK wasn't updated? Anyone else have this issue? What exactly did I do wrong during the upgrade process?  I downloaded the new Project Manager...saw my project...clicked Upgrade and tried to run.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2011 00:00

This probably just means the project's assembly references are out of date.

You'll likely need to remove the 'Telerik.Sitefinity' reference and then re-add a reference to the Telerik.Sitefinity.dll that sits in the project's ~/bin folder.  It's also very likely that you'll get this error for other references after fixing this reference.  I normally just remove all references to any 'Telerik.*' assemblies and then re-add references to the files in the Sitefinity ~/bin folder.

If this message made no sense, let me know and I'll try to explain it better.

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Jerami ,

The error you get indicates mismatch of the assembly references. Please make sure that your project has correct references to the new dlls. If you have custom class libraries, please add the proper references.

The SDK for 4.1 is still work in progress and it will be released soon. 

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

This thread is closed