Edit/Create product.. Sequence contains more than one elemen

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 06:38

Edit/Create product.. Sequence contains more than one element

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

Is this happening to anyone else?
If I try to edit a product the products module throws an error on the following call followed by an alert in the editor that says Sequence contains more than one element. The system then sends me back to the list

public void Copy(ProductItem source, ProductItem destination)

this.Provider.CopyContent(source, destination);

If I try to create a new product I get the same alert when I try to save. I've grabbed the stack trace from the wcf trace files and it appears to be taxonomy related. Is there a single point I can go to to disable the custom taxonomy for the products module?  I looked through the database and the taxonomy fields were all duplicated. After a db backup, I deleted the extras from sf_taxa and sf_meta_fields, but the error is still showing up.

based on reflector output i think the culprit is in Telerik.Sitefinity.Taxonomies.Organizers
private string GetTaxonomyProvider(PropertyDescriptor property)

if (property == null)

throw new ArgumentNullException("property");

MetaType metaType = this.metadataManager.GetMetaType(base.DataItem.GetType());
    if (metaType == null)

throw new InvalidOperationException("Organizers can be used only with types that are metatypes.");

MetaField field = metaType.Fields.Where<MetaField>(delegate (MetaField f) 
        return (f.FieldName == property.Name);
    ).SingleOrDefault<MetaField>();  //<-- BOOM

Here's the full stack trace
 <ExceptionType>System.InvalidOperationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</ExceptionType>
            <Message>Sequence contains more than one element</Message>
            <StackTrace>
              at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
              at Telerik.Sitefinity.Taxonomies.Organizers.DefaultOrganizer.GetTaxonomyProvider(PropertyDescriptor property)
              at Telerik.Sitefinity.Taxonomies.Organizers.DefaultOrganizer.GetTaxonomyManager(PropertyDescriptor property)
              at Telerik.Sitefinity.Taxonomies.Organizers.DefaultOrganizer.Clear(String propertyName)
              at Telerik.Sitefinity.ContentLifecycleManagerExtensions.CopyDynamicFieldsRecursively(IDynamicFieldsContainer source, IDynamicFieldsContainer destination)
              at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.ContentDataProviderBase.CopyContent(Content source, Content destination)
              at MyNameSpace.Products.Data.ProductsManager.Copy(ProductItem source, ProductItem destination) in C:\CheckedOutRepos\MyNameSpace.svn.pond.lf\trunk\MyNameSpace.Products\Data\ProductsManager.cs:line 232
              at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.ContentDataProviderBase.CheckOut[TContent](TContent master, Action`2 copy, IQueryable`1 itemsQuery)
              at MyNameSpace.Products.Data.ProductsManager.CheckOut(ProductItem item) in C:\CheckedOutRepos\MyNameSpace.svn.pond.lf\trunk\MyNameSpace.Products\Data\ProductsManager.cs:line 222
              at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.GetContentInternal(String contentid, String providerName, String version, Boolean published, Boolean checkOut)
              at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.GetContent(String contentId, String providerName, String version, Boolean published, Boolean checkOut, String workflowOperation)
              at SyncInvokeGetContent(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
              at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]&amp;amp; outputs)
...snipped..

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

So has no one else has run into this? I'm getting it when i try to use the edit/create from the backend or when I try to do create or edit with code

here's a stack trace from the call through code

Sequence contains more than one element

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one element

Source Error:

Line 328:        public ProductItem Publish(ProductItem item)

Line 329:       

Line 330:            return this.Provider.Publish(item, this.Copy, this.GetProducts());

Line 331:       

Line 332:

Source File: C:\CheckedOutRepos\MyNameSpace.svn.pond.lf\trunk\MyNameSpace.Products\Data\ProductsManager.cs    Line: 330

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one element]

DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessProvider_0e6502b235d640bf88327bfc3b19ed00.ExecuteOnPublish(TContent masterItem, Action`2 copy, TContent liveItem) +281

Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.ContentDataProviderBase.Publish(TContent masterItem, Action`2 copy, IQueryable`1 itemsQuery) +757

MyNameSpace.Products.Data.ProductsManager.Publish(ProductItem item) in C:\CheckedOutRepos\MyNameSpace.svn.pond.lf\trunk\MyNameSpace.Products\Data\ProductsManager.cs:330

SitefinityWebApp.Models.ProductRepository.CreateProduct(ProductModel product) in C:\CheckedOutRepos\MyNameSpace.svn.pond.lf\trunk\TRH_WebProject\Models\ProductRepository.cs:62

SitefinityWebApp.controls.ProductsUpdater.gvFCIProducts_RowCommand(Object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e) in C:\CheckedOutRepos\MyNameSpace.svn.pond.lf\trunk\TRH_WebProject\controls\ProductsUpdater.ascx.cs:80

System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.OnRowCommand(GridViewCommandEventArgs e) +115

System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.HandleEvent(EventArgs e, Boolean causesValidation, String validationGroup) +68

System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +95

System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +37

System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRow.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +121

System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +37

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +125

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +167

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.225

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Dear Drew

I get an Sequence contains more than one element simply by trying to reorder pages in the backend! This is when I use Chrome 11. When I use FF 4 - no error message but same effect - reodering does not work.

I now this is no help to you but maybe sometimes it helps when debugin to look a bit further then what you are working on right now. It might be simply a bug somewhere else - the CMS.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Thanks for the reply Markus. It was definitely a problem with the custom taxonomy for me. It somehow got duplicated in the backend. 
I put in a support ticket and it basically boiled down to running this bit of code to delete the duplicate entry from the database

var fluent = App.WorkWith();
var broken = fluent.DynamicData().Type(typeof(ProductItem)).Fields().Where(f => f.FieldName == "MyTaxonomyName").Get().First();
fluent.DynamicData().Type(typeof(ProductItem)).Field(broken).Delete().SaveChanges(true);

This thread is closed