Sitefinity Module template doesn't work

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 10:58

Sitefinity Module template doesn't work

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,

After installing the SDK I tried to create a new custom module using the Visual Studio template. When I choose 'Add' -> "New Project" and pick SitefinityModule I get a message saying;

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 4.1\Libraries\'.
OK  

I tried reinstalling the SDK but the problem persists. I checked and there is no Libraries folder in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 4.1 nor in any folders in there.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
  Peter

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Hi Peter,

If you have properly installed the 4.1 SDK you will get the new module in VS ( please check the attached video ). Most probable reason why you get this error is because you are choosing the old project template which was part of 4.0 and  was looking for that particular folder. Verify that you have installed and configured your components correctly.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Thanks Victor!

Now to create my first 4.x module..

Hi Peter,

I am glad to hear that your issue is now resolved. I will close this thread for now but if you need further assistance do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Victor can you make video available in Zip format.  My work station is a company windows 7 computer, we can do the basic unzip format.  The sitefinity module is missing in my VS2010 don't see a template for it.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2011 00:00

David,

What I did was run Telerik.Sitefinity.SDK.VSPackage.vsix from
C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 4.1\SDK\VSExtensions

Hope this works for you.

Regards,
  Peter

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2011 00:00

Thanks Peter, I now have the SDK in VS2010.  Now the fun part learning the patterm....

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2011 00:00

Hi David,

You can find the requested .zip archive of the video attached to the current post.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed