Why do i need a license to run the samples in teh SDK?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:38

Why do i need a license to run the samples in teh SDK?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

-Richa

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Hello Richa,

Our SDK is a free additional bonus for programmers. It's important to emphasise though that the Starter Kits that are coming with the SDK are conventional Sitefinity projects. The other samples, like the modules and the controls, can only be run within a Sitefinity project and according to our terms, every Sitefinity project must be activated with a valid license.

Kind regards,
Stanislav
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2011 00:00

i want to run sample from sitefinity SDK why do i need to purchase a license..kindly guide.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello,

As Stanislav explained this is because the sample websites with the SDK are ready made Sitefinty project that can be used as live websites and every Sitefinity project needs a license to run. The license determines what features of Sitefintiy will be available with the current license, for example standard edition doesn`t have site sync functional because it is only available in enterprise edition. To run the sample project you can stat a trial of Sitefinity and use the trial license to activate the samples. 

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Dec-2011 00:00

Thanks Stanislav, can you please assist me how to obtain the trial license to activate the samples.

Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Dec-2011 00:00

thanks for guiding i manage to track the trial license info file, now the issue is when i click run sample in browser the asp.net development loads the browser and keep loading for 3-4 minutes and then brings up the blank page. i also extracted the folder but nothing happen did not find the files extracted to the location where i pionted.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Dec-2011 00:00

Dear  Stanislav 
thanks for guiding i manage to track the trial license info file, now the issue is when i click run sample in browser the asp.net development server loads the browser and keep loading for 3-4 minutes and then brings up the blank page. i also extracted the folder but nothing happen did not find the files extracted to the location where i pionted.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

When the blank page appears can you login to the backend of the sample by typing /sitefintiy after the url?
The asp  development server loads lots of time because there is no database created for the sample all the sample content is created when you first start the project, all settings for creating pages, templates, news and other content is stored in Global.asax.
In App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/DataConfig.config there is a connection string to the SQL Express database created for the sample can you check if the database exist?
It should be available if you have SQL Server Express instance on the machine where testing the samples.
If SQL express is not present open the sample in Visual studio edit the DataConfig file to point to already created empty SQL Server database where to store the data. Here is a sample connection string that connects to TestSDK databse

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<dataConfig xmlns:config="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration" xmlns:type="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration:type" config:version="4.3.1885.0" initialized="True">
    <connectionStrings>
    <add connectionString="data source=velikov;Integrated Security=SSPI;initial catalog=TestSDK" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" dbType="MsSql" name="Sitefinity" />
    </connectionStrings>
</dataConfig>
After this view SitefinityWebApp (which is the web application project for sitefinity, other projects in the solution are the widgets for the sample) in the browser by starting the local development server All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2012 00:00

Stanislav thanks for updating altough i am in a new problem since morning i am running machine with a windows 7 and i keep getting this error

Unhandled exception
---------------------------
=>FileNotFoundException
Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

please help

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

The project can`t load .NET assembly System.Web. It is used almost in every class of creating a control or other custom made addition to Sitefinity. I suppose you are having .NET 4.0 Runtime on the machine, open SitefinityWebApp in Visual Studio and expand references in solution explorer. Check if there is referencetoSystem.Web among all references, if not right click references and Add Reference. In the .Net tab search for System.Web. Then build the project (F6 in visual studio) and check if you get the same error. 

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2012 00:00

seems to get started.. working good, i want to go through the administration but i dont know what to put on userid and password. kindly help.

Thanks.

This thread is closed