SF SDK 4.1 Update

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:28

SF SDK 4.1 Update

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Is there a simple way to update the SDK so it is compatible with 4.1.1395.0? Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hello Thomas,

The easiest and safest way ( by safest I mean that your assemblies and files will be properly upgraded ) is to download the official SDK .msi package and install it. If you have the previous SDK ( from your post looks like you have it ) you can replace it ( you will be prompted if you want to replace the existing SDK  ).

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Hello-

The issue I face is that the SDK is outdated already.  Version 4.1.1395 doesn't have an SDK download link that I've seen yet.  The SDK still lists as the previous revision.

-Thomas

Hello Thomas,

Sorry for misleading you Thomas. I was thinking that you need to upgrade to 1339. The service pack for the SDK is coming really very soon, so you will be able to update to it. Please keep an eye on our site and forums for news about the SP1 release.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Hi There,

Why is there such a lag between the product releases and the SDK releases. This constrains us a lot, since we can't upgrade to the latest service pack to fix our issues because we have custom modules. So we have to wait for the SDK release before we can do anything. When is the planned release date for the SDK?

Regards,
Jean

Sounds great thanks.  In the meantime what I've done to not have to rewrite my custom modules/and CI Server Integration is to copy the contents of the BIN folder to the path Telerik\Sitefinity 4.1\SDK\Content\Common\Dependencies so my build script registry key lookup for references in projects work without issue.  I use hint paths relative to the SDK which was  a nice change from version 3.

I know it's not a perfect solution and will not "fix" everything but it has worked for me until the new SDK is out.

Thanks for the update.

-Thomas

Hello  Jean and Thomas,

The SDK is coming either later today or by the end of this week.

@ Jean: The SDK is another product which we try to make better with each release; this requires large amounts of work to be done which sometimes pushes the release date further in time. We are trying to do our best. 

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed