DatePicker sample problem

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 05:02

DatePicker sample problem

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Hello,
I was trying to follow DatePicker sample but I've found that when I create my own designer by following guide on this page it doesn't work. I've spent about 4 hours experimenting with different settings and comparing samples byte by byte and finally found that the class DatePickerDesignerView namespace is really matters to Sitefinity. It should be specified in the how-to that the class namespace should be the root namespace of assembly at least I can't find a way to move this class to different namespace like "DatePicker.Designer.Views". Also I don't understand why Sitefinity do not trace the problem at least by logging that it can't find designer control it's really confusing.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Hello Maxim,

This information about the namespace is not included in the documentation because the namespaces are assigned when you first create your your project files and reference the mentioned assemblies Visual Studio provides you with intellisense. Exact following the example of the datepicker will work without problems.
If you require further assistance on making your custom designer work please send us your project and some information regarding it if needed and we will be happy to provide you assistance.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

Dear Stanislav,
If I create the class in Visual Studio as in example:
"In the context menu of the Designer » Views folder, click Add » New Item..." 
VS will automatically assign namespace *.Designer.Views.DatePickerDesignerView to the class. The same class in SDK sample has different namespace which is not following VS conventions. So if I follow standard VS conventions the sample doesn't work I need to use specific namespace for the designer class. I believe that such information should be mentioned in the documentation because it's not clear how sitefinity search for custom designer moreover some developer friendly message like in asp.net mvc view resolution engine would be great. 
Yours sincerely,
Maxim

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hi Maxim,

Thank you for explaining your point.

When you create a designer for the datepicker which is using DatePicker namespace where the control is created you should really use the same namespace if you want to create a designer for that same control.
However I understand that tutorial can be followed for just a reference to creating a control designer for some other custom created control and not mentioning this may really cause a slowdown. We will review it with our documentation team and correct it.

Thank you for the valuable observation.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

This thread is closed