Sitefinity SDK Installation Error + Openaccess Missmatch

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 13:14

Sitefinity SDK Installation Error + Openaccess Missmatch

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have downloaded Sitefinity SDk in order to build a Silverlight Control that I want to use in Sitefnity 4.1 SP1.

At first I could not even install the SDK, after reading a thread in this forum I managed to install it manually
by running msiexec on command prompt.

However after following the tutorial under Sitefinity 4 documentation section on how to build the Silverlight Control I got compiler warnings and later ASP.NET error that complained about not finding OpenAccess DLLs etc.

Are you going to release a new Sitefninty SDK installer plus fixing the DLL issues with OpenAccess version missmatches?

Regards,

Amir Haghdani
Verilune 

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Hello Amir,

Every build of Sitefinity comes with a specific Sitefinity SDK version that contains reference assemblies containing a specific version of Sitefinity and all accompanying assemblies such as OpenAccess, and RadControls. The Sitefinity 4.0 SP1 is 4.1.1395.0 and its accompanying SDK build is 4.1.1395.1.

What version of the SDK and Sitefinity have you installed?

Thank you for contacting us, and we look forward to resolving your issue.

Best wishes,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I downloaded sitefinity and the SDK just few days apart and they are your latest versions
out there

Sitefinity SDK verison : 4.1 1395(May 19, 2011)

Sitefinity version: Sitefinity_Project_Manager_4.1_SP1

Regards,

Amir Haghdani
Verilune

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hi Amir,

My suggestion is to download the Sitefinity 4.1.1395.0 installation and install it. Also make sure that the references in your project are either pointing to the bin folder of your SitefinityWebApp, so that there is no mismatch of the versions. If you don't like the idea of making references directly to the bin folder you can point your assemblies to the C:\Program Files\Telerik\Sitefinity 4.1\SDK\Content\Common\Dependencies folder of your SDK that contains all references and tools necessary to build your project.

I have a quick question, have you chosen to install the OpenAccess installation that is delivered with the SDK?

Please let me know whether you need further assistance, so that we can resolve your issue on time.

Kind regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

This thread is closed