Unable to load sample projects

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:24

Unable to load sample projects

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2011 00:00

Update:  I restarted the Sitefinity SDK and now when I try it (Following the sames steps below) I get the error: "The Device is not ready."  And then the Sitefinity SDK crashes.

I have Sitefinity installed and I downloaded the SDK.  I am trying to run the Education Sample and I am getting the following error when trying to create the database:  Error creating database ''.  Reason: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This is the steps I am following:

1. Open up the Sitefinity SDK application
2. Click on Samples
3. Select Education Starter Kit
4. Click on 'Run Sample in browser'
5. Set the extraction directory to a folder on my desktop
6. On the database management tool I set the server name and the account with create persions.
7. Click ok, get the error message above.

* Note: When I do test connection, it reports back that Connection succeeded.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2011 00:00

Anybody have any ideas?

I would love to convince my company to use this for our .com but I need to test some customized solutions out first.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Jon Price,

We just received a similar report by another customer and it seems that we have some issues with creating a dedicated database for the sample. Are you available for a GoTo meeting on which I would like to reproduce the problem locally?

Regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2011 00:00

I am available any day between 9 AM and 4 PM EST.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Jon Price,

I have sent you a GoTo meeting invitation on your e-mail. Please let me know if you need further instructions on how to attend the meeting.

Best wishes,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2012 00:00

Has this been resolved? I too am having an issue running any of the SDK samples.

This thread is closed