Publish in custom module

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:28

Publish in custom module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2011 00:00

I follow the jobs module in SDK to create a custom module, there is no publish option in it. I added publish command and it show "workflow rules do not allow publish" when i try to publish the content.

I tried to inside code to publish, unpublish, getlive in manager class, but it still same.

Any help?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Toh,

The Jobs module is aimed to provide a review of content created from the frontend user similar to the Forms module.  It will require lots of modifications to add a backend form and save its contents in the database. Products module have such functionality and it is more of a backend module where the content is created in the backend and displayed in the frontend. You may notice in the jobs module there are no workflow definitions and workflow related classes. Review how is the workflow implemented in the Products module. When publishing content in Sitefinity it goes trough workflow and workflow service as the content can be unpublished and sent for approval.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Ok thanks

I already looking into product module and will use it as template to create my own module

This thread is closed