BackendEdit Section Ordinal

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 17:22

BackendEdit Section Ordinal

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello

Please tell what is the best way to change backend sections ordinal for standard content types News and Events? I want to move CustomFields sections upper and put in under Main Section and above Categories and Tags. I have found ability to change Ordinal with Advanced Section Menu (please see attached screenshot) but I see no effect after changing Ordinal properties, am I doing all right?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Kronos,

There is a bug with ordinal property. Please excuse us for the inconvenience. As a workaround you can add the custom field trough the configuration(as in the image you provided) by going for example to the Main Section and add a new field of the required type. The field will be added to this section. New sections will always appear under the default ones. You can reorder custom sections in App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/NewsConfig.contentViewControls.NewsBackend.views.NewsBackendEdit by changing section order from top to bottom.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

This thread is closed