Project Startup - Unable to load one or more of the requeste

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 00:52

Project Startup - Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Sep-2011 00:00

When I hit continue after entering in SQL credentials I get this error:

* There was an error trying to connect to the Database Server:
Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

I tried looking in the Log folder but the log folder doesn't exist. 

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this?

Todd

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Sep-2011 00:00

Here is the error message in more detail:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessMetaDataProvider_acd210e5e0024f4e92a4e50399eda60a.Initialize(String providerName, NameValueCollection config, Type managerType) +283
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +2363
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +117
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SetProvider(String providerName, String transactionName) +691
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor(String providerName, String transactionName) +249
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor() +37
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Metadata.MetadataManager..ctor() +28

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +98
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +241
   System.Activator.CreateInstance() +103
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager(String providerName, String transactionName) +123
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager() +72
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Metadata.MetadataManager.GetManager() +27
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.Initialize() +354
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) +412
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.Bootstrap() +286
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +112
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.System.Web.IHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication application) +10
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModulesCommon() +172
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModules() +43
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers) +828
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +304
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +107
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +327

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.225

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Todd,

This error might occur if you have mismatching references for example if you rebuilt the project - this action removes the dlls from the bin folder and results into the exception you were getting.

Could you please check the following article which contain information which might be helpful to you:

www.sitefinity.com/.../server-error-in-firstproject-application-unable-to-load-one-or-more-of-the-requested-types-retrieve-the-loaderexceptions-property-for-more-information.aspx

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,

I have the some problem. I uploaded new project to local host a then, when I tried go to admin mode, I got the some error. I checked bin directory, but dll is there. Your link not working. Please, can you help me with this ?

Thank you.
Jiri Vrabec

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Vrabec,

I have answered you in the support ticket you have opened.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2012 00:00

In what world do you think it is a good idea to respond to someones post about an error by stating "I have answered it in a support ticket you opened"... That is so stupid... sigh... I have been getting nothing but errors from working with sitefinity and about 75% of those errors I find a forum post where someone has experienced the exact same issue and either you either a) solve the issue in some private support ticket so no one else can see it, or b) never provide an answer, or c) provide an obvious answer that doesn't help. For example, I get an error about how the default provider should be in the security.config file when i try to do a fresh install... I find a forum post about it and all you do is tell the user exactly that... so frustrated... ANSWER FULLY ON FORUM POSTS PLEASE!!! Otherwise you wouldn't have so many people having "hate telerik" type blogs and the such... 

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Scott,

My previous reply in the thread was related to the fact that Vrabec, decided to open a support ticket, where we discussed the issue, but did not want to leave the thread opened. However it is up to him to decide whether the answer can be shared in the forums.

If you are experiencing it would be great if you can share some more information on the process of setting up the project ( if possible, you can attach a screencast ) so we could help you!

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Scott :)

Don't to be so resentful :)... Telerik guys is really one of the best support team I ever met. I tried to ask several other companies about their products - this is as really sh.. :(

The true of end of this story is that in this case I must find solution myself. After end I found, that in time of publish project (VS2010) is not published some library. Here is list of them:

1.) Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime.dll
2.) Telerik.OpenAccess.MySql.Data.dll
=============================================
3.) Interop.DexterLib.dll
4.) Microsoft.Http.Extensions.dll
5.) mysql.data.dll
6.) NHamcrest.dll

Remember - first two of them is really useful library in your deploy directory. Without them (Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime.dll, Telerik.OpenAccess.MySql.Data.dll) you will cry rage everytime... Don't know what other is for... You can get them from BIN directory where is you project.
One more help for to start project is, to copy "DataConfig.config" file to deploy (Configuration\DataConfig.config) directory. Other way is to make new cofiguration in time of starting web site.

Hope it will be help full for you.
Tested in current verison - 4.4.2117.0

And one more question for Victor - why when I open new project (in VS2010) then in references is missing library : Telerik.OpenAccess.Adonet2... ??

Regards,
Jiri

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Vrabec,

The Telerik.OpenAccess.Adonet2 assembly is not being used in Sitefinity from 4.2 +. The file was used by earlier versions of Open Access, but it is not required anymore. Because of the new version of Open Access and the improved performace of the Sitefinity LINQ parser we managed to remove the ado.net dependancy and the ado.net dll is no longer needed.

Please note in Sitefinity 4.2 we have 40% performance increase and we have dramatically decreased the queries to the database.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello,

I was still working on sitefinity,I rebooted it so I got this error :

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

I need a sooner solution please

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Berrabah,

The LoaderExceptions error can be thrown if you have mismatching references for example, when you rebuilt the project - this action removes the dlls from the bin folder and results into the exception you are getting.

Check the following article which contain information which might be helpful to you (if you have not read it already):

www.sitefinity.com/.../server-error-in-firstproject-application-unable-to-load-one-or-more-of-the-requested-types-retrieve-the-loaderexceptions-property-for-more-information.aspx

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Victor,
Thankx for help .

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi
Can you inform how this issue got solved as i am facing the same problem right after i moved the site to the production server.
qinvestc.w07.winhost.com/
i copied all DLL files and also tried to copy those that in the _EmptyProject as well. still the same error.

thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2012 00:00

I installed the latest version of Sitefinity on a complete new Windows 7 X64 machine and got this error after creating a new project through the Project Manager and attempting to create a database on my local MSSQL 2008 R2 Server.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2012 00:00

Okay for me it was a case of deleting the project and rebuilding it so I am assuming some references are getting screwed up somewhere?

Seems strange as this is a fresh install of Sitefinity 5.1 SP2 so I am assuming there are still some bugs laying about.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2013 00:00

I have created a Sitefinity 6.0 project locally, using the Microsoft SQL Server Express with 2008 installed.  I did not realize, that the department I am now in, uses SQL Server 2005
on the servers.  Our DBA was able to convert the 2008 Express DB to a 2005 Server DB, modifying the DateTime datatype.  I am now trying to move the complete project from local to our test server enviroment.  I pushed the Sitefinity files on to the server and am now running the startup.  Using the information supplied by the DBA, I entered the below.  I then get the error shown in the second graphic (There was an error trying to connect to the Database Server:
Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.) no matter what I do.  Any suggestions.

This thread is closed