Add Country Dropdown List widget

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 07:12

Add Country Dropdown List widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi there,

I am new to Sitefinity 4.x but have quite alot of experience with Sitefinity 3.x, I am looking at building a Contact us form with the Country dropdown list, since it is a pain to add all of them to the dropdown widget I am looking at reusing anything prebuilt by you or your partners otherwise building it myself,

Can you please tell me where to download any existing or where to look at to build my own widget.

A quick reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2011 00:00

I'm looking for something like this as well.  Having a list of countries is an extremely common feature of forms and having to build it out manually is incredibly inefficient.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Oct-2011 00:00

I needed a similar resource when making a States menu selector, and found Snipplr to be very useful. here are a few snippets I found that might be useful:

Dropdown Countries (C#)
Countries (HTML)
Get Countries Method (C#)

That last one looks particularly interesting, as it doesn't use a list, but rather iterates through all the cultures in C#.

I've not tried any of these, so I don't know how accurate they are, but they should be helpful in getting you started. I recommend extracting these to an xml file or resource file so it can be reused but easily modified.

hope this is helpful!

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for pointing out the need for such functionality. We have logged it as a feature request in our system, and you can track its status and vote for it in PITS on this public URL.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

This thread is closed