University Starter Kit - SampleLayoutControl folder

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:07

University Starter Kit - SampleLayoutControl folder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2011 00:00

I've created a few pagelayout widgets by placing the in App_Data folder where I store my Website Templates and manually registering them. I had no problems with that approach.

The University starter kit uses a different approach. It appears a widget called SampleLayoutControl was created. All though I don't think it's really a widget. There is a class called SampleLayoutControl that inherits from LayoutControl but it does not have any members and I'm not sure where or how it is used. Also there are about a dozen layouts in the Widgets/SampleLayoutControl folder. How come some of the layouts have .cs files and others don't.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

Actually, Sitefinity offers layout widgets, which are used to create complex layouts for your pages or layout templates. The C# files in the starter kit are sample layout widgets. You can also create your own layout widgets and use them from the toolbox of the page editor. Follow the link for further reference.

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

This thread is closed