How to use custom user and role hierarchy tables?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:39

How to use custom user and role hierarchy tables?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi, I have a definite role hierarchy for the website users(can be in thousands, not sitefinity users) defined in a custom data table, say a bunch of user related tables. I'm building a new sitefinity website to replace the old one and would like to control the login access based on this table. Could you please let me know, how to do this in sitefinity?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Krishna,

You can implement custom membership and role providers or if you have implementation based on ASP.NET based providers you can plug them directly into Sitefinity.

If you take the first approach you have to inherits from MembershipDataProvider and RoleDataProvider and get the data from your tables. Then plug both the providers in Sitefinity using Configuration.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Hello Ivan,

Could you please provide an example for the first approach.

Thanks,
Krishna.

Hello Krishna,

Take a look at this post.

www.sitefinity.com/.../using_the_asp_net_sql_membership_provider_in_sitefinity.aspx

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

This thread is closed