Remove the product image

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 12:34

Remove the product image

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi,
I use the Product Image inside the latest ProductsModule. How can I delete the image? There is not an option for this. Is this maybe a good addition for 4.4. SDK?

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Daniel,

Do you mean the image field that shows when you create a new product or you just want to remove the image of an existing item?

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2011 00:00

Yes, just want to remove the image of an existing item.
There is no button for it.

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Daniel,

Did you try finding the image for this product in the image library where you uploaded it?

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Hi Lubomir,

See the screenshot. There's no button:

Hello Daniel,

No, what I meant is to go to Content -> Images, find the image that is associated with this product item and delete it from there. Then the product will appear without image. I hope this makes it clear.

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Hi Lubomir,

Yes of course, that is the dirty option. I don't want to delete images that I also use in other parts of the website. What should I do to create a button inside this 'ProductImage' control?

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Daniel,

You would have to extend the existing ImageField, for example to add a checkbox for deleting or some button that would clear the field by inserting a Guid.Empty or an empty string in the custom field. I plan to release a second part of my blog series outlining how to use the image picker dialog. I will probably extend the existing ImageField to add this feature.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Lubomir,

Thanks for the reply.
Just some ideas for your post:

1. Select one or multiple images (like the control in the ecommerce module. I tried the one on the marketplace, but it doesn't work)
2. Get the default imagepicker with crop/resize functionality.
3. Delete the image(s)

This is stuff I really use in each project as a custom field, and inside usercontrols. So I hope you can elaborate more in this case on how to create some generic project with a control you can use in both cases.

Thanks,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Daniel,

Yes, the plan is to include all three points you outlined and maybe some more. Stay tuned.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2012 00:00

Any news on this? I tried to implement the ImageField control from the MarketPlace but have no success installing it.

I see there also is a nice ImageSelector that comes with the ModuleBuilder. Isn't it easy to implement this as a standard field type for custom fields in general?

Anyway, I'd love to know how to implement these selectors as a custom image field.

Thanks,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Daniel,

I'm currently working on this. I plan to release a blog post about creating a Sticky Notes module for your Dashboard today and this will be the next blog post I'll be working on.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi,

I need the same functionality. Is it ready to use? If not,, please give me some indication how to do it by myself

This thread is closed