SDK 4.4 Install problems

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:39

SDK 4.4 Install problems

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2012 00:00

Good day,
  We are currently trying to install SDK 4.4 and receive the following error:  "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation"
We are running Sitefinity 4.4 on windows server 2008. We have no problem installing any other software  and did install the 4.4 upgrade from the same location. Administrators could not find any policies tha should prevent this.

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Rob,

This is indeed strange. However what we suppose is that you have some setting that prevents the SDK from installing properly because we have run many tests on different environments, without getting such error. I have selected few articles which might be helpful in resolving the issue on your end:

www.bhcblog.com/.../

http://systemadministratorhassetpoliciestopreventthisinstallation.com/

http://want2knw.wordpress.com/2007/04/23/windows-the-system-administrator-has-set-policies-to-prevent-this-installation/

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Victor,
   Checked the links out with no success. The administrators have absolute full control. We did come up with more info on why it is giving us that error.  When you look at Event Properties   the msi is not permitted due to an error in software restriction policy processing. The object cannot be trusted. I have attached an image of the full event error.
Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Rob,

Can you tell me whether you have Sitefinity 4.3 or 4.4 installed? What I see from the screenshot it looks like that the .msi package is located in the installation directory of Sitefinity 4.3, and you are trying to install SDK for Sitefinity 4.4

If you are installing SDK for Sitefinity 4.4, verify that you had Sitefinity 4.4 installed. Also please try to run the installer from another folder ( for example C: or D:, not the folder of previous Sitefinity installations ).

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Victor,
  We are using 4.4 Double check the version/licensing in the backend and is shows product version as 4.42117.0 and also when I log into the backend it states "Welcome to Sitefinity 4.4" and also the Module Builder is there which I believe  is in 4.4 only.  We tried running from different locations with same results.  When we upgraded to 4.4 we did the msi and not just the Project Manager.
Thanks Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Rob,

The steps you have followed sound correct, and the error still looks like it is related to some restriction / policy that is being applied.

What I can suggest you is to try to run the application on another machine ( if possible use similar configuration ), but our tests here show that you should not be getting such errors, while installing the application as administrator.

Also on a side note, can you tell us when do you get the error - when starting the setup process or at some point during installation?

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed