Sample build failure.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 10:22

Sample build failure.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi!
I have installed Sitefinity 4.4 and the SDK and both install on my system with no issues.

When I try and run the 'sample in browser' no matter what sample I try to run, I get the following error :

Microsoft (R) Build Engine Version 4.0.30319.1
[Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 4.0.30319.225]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2007. All rights reserved.

Build started 01/03/2012 09:14:37.
Project "C:\Users\xx\AppData\Local\Telerik.Sitefinity.SDK\Education_109E91A\SitefinityWebApp\Telerik.Sitefinity.StarterKit.University.sln" on node 1 (default targets).
C:\Users\xx\AppData\Local\Telerik.Sitefinity.SDK\Education_109E91A\SitefinityWebApp\Telerik.Sitefinity.StarterKit.University.sln.metaproj : error MSB4126: The specified solution configuration "Debug|BWS" is invalid. Please specify a valid solution configuration using the Configuration and Platform properties (e.g. MSBuild.exe Solution.sln /p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform="Any CPU") or leave those properties blank to use the default solution configuration. [C:\Users\xx\AppData\Local\Telerik.Sitefinity.SDK\Education_109E91A\SitefinityWebApp\Telerik.Sitefinity.StarterKit.University.sln]
Done Building Project "C:\Users\xx\AppData\Local\Telerik.Sitefinity.SDK\Education_109E91A\SitefinityWebApp\Telerik.Sitefinity.StarterKit.University.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\xx\AppData\Local\Telerik.Sitefinity.SDK\Education_109E91A\SitefinityWebApp\Telerik.Sitefinity.StarterKit.University.sln" (default target) (1) ->
(ValidateSolutionConfiguration target) ->
  C:\Users\xx\AppData\Local\Telerik.Sitefinity.SDK\Education_109E91A\SitefinityWebApp\Telerik.Sitefinity.StarterKit.University.sln.metaproj : error MSB4126: The specified solution configuration "Debug|BWS" is invalid. Please specify a valid solution configuration using the Configuration and Platform properties (e.g. MSBuild.exe Solution.sln /p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform="Any CPU") or leave those properties blank to use the default solution configuration. [C:\Users\xx\AppData\Local\Telerik.Sitefinity.SDK\Education_109E91A\SitefinityWebApp\Telerik.Sitefinity.StarterKit.University.sln]

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.38

Can someone please help, thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2012 00:00

Sorry, has anyone else had this issue? Im keen to get this working. Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2012 00:00

Ive found a work around, what I do is open the sample in visual studio instead of in browser, build the project in VS and then view in browser from within Visual Studio. Samples all work now. Still get an error if I try and view in browser within the SDK but at least this works.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Owain,

We have dug deep regarding the error you are getting :

The specified solution configuration "Debug|BWS" is invalid

and it seems to be related to your configuration. We also tried to reproduce it but with no success. However, please make sure to navigate to the following articles which contain useful information on what can be the cause and the solution of the problem:

social.msdn.microsoft.com/.../8749ccca-9a88-452e-b615-6e9029115394

social.expression.microsoft.com/.../5e913ebb-d0ed-4999-a01f-6dcee1fcd8ef

helpdrive.wordpress.com/.../

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2012 00:00

Thanks for your help. The regedit hack fixed the issue!

Owain.

This thread is closed