SDK 5.0 Bug

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 23:01

SDK 5.0 Bug

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2012 00:00

Well not a bug...but why do I need to have Sitefinity installed in order to run it?

I've never installed SF, I just download the Project manager (way easier).  I'm only needing to install the SDK b/c I can't get the latest OpenAccess any other way.  So now I have to tell all my devs to install sitefinity then install the SDK just to get OA :)  One guy doesn't even work with SF, but needs to be on the same OA version as us.

See where the problem comes in? :/

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Steve,

Sitefinity SDK needs the register key that is added by the Sitefinity installer in order to install its projects. This is why it is not possible to have Sitefinity SDK without Sitefinity installed on the same machine.

Greetings,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2012 00:00

Ok thats okay, but you need to provide all the tools in the SDK outside of the SDK as well...know what I mean?

If I just need to install OA, I shouldnt have to install SF+SDK just to get at it when if that version was in my ultimate collection I could install just that.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Steve,

The tools in the SDK are added for your needs of developing custom content for Sitefinity. They are trial versions and if used outside of Sitefinity scope will throw trial messages. So if you want any of the products in the SDK separately you will have to purchase it.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2012 00:00

WHAT!  Well someone needs to fix this or get in contact with me then...that's insane.  We have multiple Ultimate Collection licenses, and can install all of this software w/out needing the SDK, but there's is NO 2011.3.1320.1 OpenAccess available for me to download outside of the SDK.

Please respond asap to ticket#: 524849

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Steve,

We have replied to you in the support ticket. If you wish you can share the information with the community.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

Ok, well to anyone reading this...nothing the SF guys can do...

However put in a ticket to the OA guys and you'll be able to DL the internal build

This thread is closed