Unable to run Education Start Kit

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 17:02

Unable to run Education Start Kit

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2012 00:00

Hi,

I am trying to get the Education Start Kit to run but it refuses to work, getting the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.Database mapped field does not exist.
Parameter name: methodCallExpression
Actual value was item.FieldValue("Title_en").Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Database mapped field does not exist.
Actual value was item.FieldValue("Title_en").

Source Error: 

Line 2152:
Line 2153: var whereClause = @"Title[""" + culture + @"""] == """ + imageName + @"""";
Line 2154: Image image = librariesManager.GetImages().Where(whereClause).Where(i => i.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Master).SingleOrDefault();
Line 2155:
Line 2156: if (image != null)
Source File: D:\Sitefinity\Telerik.Sitefinity.SDK\Education_109E91A\Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.Common\SampleUtilities.cs    Line: 2154 

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Database mapped field does not exist.
Actual value was item.FieldValue("Title_en").]
Telerik.OpenAccess.Query.ExpressionCompiler.PerformDatabaseQueryImpl(Type type, Int32 elementAt, Object[] groupResolutionParamValues, Boolean single, Boolean checkOid) +825
Telerik.OpenAccess.Query.ExpressionCompiler.PerformDatabaseQuery(Type type, Int32 elementAt, Object[] groupResolutionParamValues, Boolean single, Boolean checkOid) +51

[InvalidOperationException: An exception occured during the execution of 'Extent<Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image>().Where(b => (b.ApplicationName == value(Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Data.OpenAccessLibrariesProvider+<>c__DisplayClassa).appName)).Where(item => (item.FieldValue("Title_en") == "campus-life")).Where(i => (Convert(Convert(Convert(Convert(Convert(i.Status))))) == 0))'. Failure: Database mapped field does not exist.
Actual value was item.FieldValue("Title_en").
See InnerException for more details.
Complete Expression:
.Call System.Linq.Queryable.Where(
.Constant<Telerik.OpenAccess.Query.ExtentQueryImpl`1[Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image]>(Extent<Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image>()),
'(.Lambda #Lambda1<System.Func`2[Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image,System.Boolean]>)),
'(.Lambda #Lambda2<System.Func`2[Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image,System.Boolean]>)),
'(.Lambda #Lambda3<System.Func`2[Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image,System.Boolean]>))

.Lambda #Lambda1<System.Func`2[Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image,System.Boolean]>(Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image $b)

$b.ApplicationName == .Constant<Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Data.OpenAccessLibrariesProvider+<>c__DisplayClassa>(Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Data.OpenAccessLibrariesProvider+<>c__DisplayClassa).appName

.Lambda #Lambda2<System.Func`2[Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image,System.Boolean]>(Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image $item)

.Call Telerik.OpenAccess.ExtensionMethods.FieldValue(
$item,
"Title_en") == "campus-life"

.Lambda #Lambda3<System.Func`2[Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image,System.Boolean]>(Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image $i)

(System.Int32)((System.Int32)((System.Int32)((System.Int32)((System.Int32)$i.Status)))) == 0

]
Telerik.OpenAccess.Query.ExpressionCompiler.PerformDatabaseQuery(Type type, Int32 elementAt, Object[] groupResolutionParamValues, Boolean single, Boolean checkOid) +407
Telerik.OpenAccess.Query.ExpressionExecution.PerformDatabaseQuerySingle(ChainedContext context, Expression expression, QueryableCategory before, Int32& found, Int32 elemAt, Boolean single, Boolean diffType) +236
Telerik.OpenAccess.Query.ExpressionExecution.PerformQuerySingle(QueryableCategory before, Expression expression, Boolean tryGetObjectById, ChainedContext piece) +1225
Telerik.OpenAccess.Query.Piece`1.ExecuteSingle(Expression expression) +316

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) +0
System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) +92
System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +108
Telerik.OpenAccess.Query.Piece`1.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute(Expression expr) +426
Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Linq.OpenAccess.OpenAccessQueryProvider`2.Execute(Expression expression) +123
Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Linq.OpenAccess.OpenAccessQueryProvider`2.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute(Expression expression) +15
System.Linq.Queryable.SingleOrDefault(IQueryable`1 source) +251
Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.Common.SampleUtilities.GetLocalizedImageMasterId(String imageName, String culture) in D:\Sitefinity\Telerik.Sitefinity.SDK\Education_109E91A\Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.Common\SampleUtilities.cs:2154
SitefinityWebApp.Global.UploadImages() in D:\Sitefinity\Telerik.Sitefinity.SDK\Education_109E91A\SitefinityWebApp\Global.asax.cs:1386
SitefinityWebApp.Global.CreateSampleWorker(Object[] args) in D:\Sitefinity\Telerik.Sitefinity.SDK\Education_109E91A\SitefinityWebApp\Global.asax.cs:118
Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.RunWithElevatedPrivilege(RunWithElevatedPrivilegeDelegate delegateToRun, Object[] parameters, String urlRequest) +243
Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.RunWithElevatedPrivilege(RunWithElevatedPrivilegeDelegate delegateToRun) +37
SitefinityWebApp.Global.Bootstrapper_Initialized(Object sender, ExecutedEventArgs args) in D:\Sitefinity\Telerik.Sitefinity.SDK\Education_109E91A\SitefinityWebApp\Global.asax.cs:99
System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e) +0
Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.OnInitialized(Object sender, ExecutedEventArgs args) +25
Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.Bootstrap() +365
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +131
System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.System.Web.IHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication application) +10
System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModulesCommon() +80
System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModules() +64
System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers) +792
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +336
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +107
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +525

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17929

Could someone point me in the right direction, I am assuming I have missed a config somehwere or something is not installed correctly?

Cheers,

Tahir

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2013 00:00

Any comments on this issue? I'm experiencing the same.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello,

To setup the eduction starter kit up and running go to App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration folder and move the existing configuration to another folder so Configuration folder gets empty. Run the site in browser and you will be prompted to connect to database and setup and admin user.
This will create new database for the starter kit with all the content and templates installed.
After running the site add SocialShareConfig.config back in the Configuration folder as well as the ResourcesConfig.config. Restart the application and the multilingual data will be installed for the site.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2013 00:00

I haven't encountered this problem, yet.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi Stanislav,
I have the same problem - the Education sample gives an SQL error.
I followed your instructions:
- and I also deleted the database which, I assume is what you implied by saying "this will create a new database"
Unfortunately after pressing the "I'm Done" button, I get the error message :
"The specified role "Administrators" already exists." (See attached file)

I'm new to Sitefinity (this is day three of my trial).
My past ASP.NET projects have all used role management systems that are stored  within the database. However, I remember reading somewhere that Sitefinity uses an XML based role management system which, if that's true, is what is probably causing the error.

How can I work-around this error?

Thanks
Ken

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2013 00:00

And of course since I deleted the database and did not create a backup,(silly me!)  the default site is now kaput!
Do I have to re-install the whole thing?
Ken

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello,

I would advise you to re-install the application. Delete the created base from Management Studio. When you "Run sample in browser" Sitefinity SDK Browser attaches the database and sets the entire project (connection strings etc.)
I`ve recorded a short video how to set a Sitefinity SDK Project video

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi Vassil,
Thanks for your message.
Please clarify what I have to uninstall. Is it everything?
See the attached files:
* There are four databases.
* There are three lines beneath Sitefinity 6.1
Are you saying that I should uninstall everything?

Thanks
Ken

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello Ken,

The easiest and harmless way to deal with this is to purge all data using this button in Sitefinity SDK Browser. It will delete your database which is causing troubles and also your Education Sample.
Then click on "Run sample in browser" and I believe this will solve the problem.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

This thread is closed