Unable to run/install any samples

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:13

Unable to run/install any samples

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2012 00:00

All options are greyed out and I get a not licensed notification in the bottom Right.

Help

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Rick,

In order to successfully set the SDK, you need to make sure that you cover all the requirements for Sitefinity development. Also we have an article regarding the setup process of the SDK:

www.sitefinity.com/.../install-the-sdk

Generally, you need to create a sample's extraction directory, which you can set when browsing to the samples tab ( the link for the directory is located on the bottom right corner ), and start a sample in the browser. You will be prompted for a SQL server and then for a license.

The "Not licensed" message is displayed because the SDK needs your Sitefinity license. You have the ability to browse to your project license and use it for the SDK as well.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2013 00:00

I have the same problem.  Installed SDK 6 and everything is grayed out.  SDK browser shows "Not Licensed".

In your previous response, you said "The "Not licensed" message is displayed because the SDK needs your Sitefinity license. You have the ability to browse to your project license and use it for the SDK as well."  .. but I can't seem to find how? There is nothing to link or select to browse and import the license file (.lic file).

Please advise.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi,

You need Visual Studio 2010 in order to run samples from the browser. The browser itself makes checks for this specific version and disables the buttons if not found.

We will fix the issue for the next release, but meanwhile you will have to run the samples manually. They can be found in the SDK installation folder (by default under Program Files). You can copy them to another location and open the respective solution (copying to avoid corrupting the default version of the sample with any changes). Please excuse us for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik
Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2014 00:00

Has that issue been fixed? Running VS 2013. I also get an error that SQl server is required, and I have 2012 installed. How to work around this?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2014 00:00

Hello,

There will be no SDK browser in the future. We will distribute the samples via GitHub. To workaround the problem you could open the projects in Visual Studio and view them in the browser.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Join the free online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Reserve your seat now!

This thread is closed