About Lightning

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 04:14

About Lightning

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2013 00:00

Posted in wrong area sorry

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello,

After you installed the server module as described here:http://www.sitefinity.com/resources/tools/lightning

Do you get an error when trying to activate the module?

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik
Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jun-2013 00:00

Thank Atanas.

I use nuget to install lightning module.
It completely work

Thanks.
Tom

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2013 00:00

What is required to install Lightning?  I keep getting a strange error -

"Activation of [path]\Sitefinity.Lightning.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Deployment and application do not have matching security zones."

I am running Win7 Pro.  However, I do not have the latest version of Sitefinity on this machine.  I was hoping that this application could be completely separate from Sitefinity installation so that I could install it on general, users' computers.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello Allen,

The application itself is completely separate from Sitefinity and as long as you have access to a Sitefinity site which has the DAM module installed, you can connect from each computer which has the desktop application installed.
As far as your problem is concerned, there seems to be a security issue regarding the installation or at least that's what the message tells me. Are there any specific security restrictions on the machine you are trying to install the application?
Also, installing the official version of the application (link here) requires .NET 4.5 and usually if you don't have it, installation will be prompted. However, sometimes older versions could cause conflicts.
I would suggest you to try installing the application on a different computer and see if you experience issues again. This way we would be able to determine if this is a specific client related problem.

I hope this information helps. Please, let me know if I can assist you further.

Regards,
Ivaylo Angelov
Telerik

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

This thread is closed