BugTracker SDK Sample Issues

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 01:08

BugTracker SDK Sample Issues

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Sep-2013 00:00

I have implemented the BugTracker sample into an existing Sitefinity site using the documentation provided in the SDK.  When I navigate to the ~\Bugtracker\Project page, I get the following error.  If I remove line 5 from the BugTrackerLayout file, the page shows me a sample Project I created.  If I click on the sample project, I get another Index was out of range error on page: localhost:39649/.../fbed4ada-1a30-6d3c-9742-ff000024d09a 

I have created both a sample project and sample bug.  Any ideas what I am missing?

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: indexDescription: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

Source Error: 

Line 3: <html>
Line 4: <head>
Line 5: @Html.Telerik().StyleSheetRegistrar().DefaultGroup(group => group.Add("telerik.common.min.css").Add("telerik.windows7.min.css")) 
Line 6: </head>
Line 7: <body>
Source File: c:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 6.1\Projects\Demo\Areas\BugTracker\Views\Shared\BugTrackerLayout.cshtml    Line: 5 

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index]
System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.set_Item(Int32 index, T value) +14006435
Telerik.Web.Mvc.UI.HtmlHelperExtension.Telerik(HtmlHelper`1 helper) +66
ASP._Page_Areas_BugTracker_Views_Shared_BugTrackerLayout_cshtml.Execute() in c:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 6.1\Projects\Demo\Areas\BugTracker\Views\Shared\BugTrackerLayout.cshtml:5
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +280
System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +125
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +196
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.RenderSurrounding(String partialViewName, Action`1 body) +208
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.PopContext() +192
System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +380
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1a.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__17() +33
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +613
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +263
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +240
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +15
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +53
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +15
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +542
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +299

Error on page localhost:39649/.../fbed4ada-1a30-6d3c-9742-ff000024d09a 

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Source Error: 

Line 25:  
Line 26: 
Line 27: @(Html.Telerik().Grid(Model)
Line 28: 
Line 29:                     .Name("Grid")

Source File: c:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 6.1\Projects\Demo\Areas\BugTracker\Views\Bug\BugMaster.cshtml    Line: 27 

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index]
   System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.set_Item(Int32 index, T value) +14006435
   Telerik.Web.Mvc.UI.HtmlHelperExtension.Telerik(HtmlHelper`1 helper) +66
   ASP._Page_Areas_BugTracker_Views_Bug_BugMaster_cshtml.Execute() in c:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 6.1\Projects\Demo\Areas\BugTracker\Views\Bug\BugMaster.cshtml:27
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +280
   System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +125
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +196
   System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +380
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1a.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__17() +33
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +613
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +263
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +240
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +53
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +542
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +299

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Sep-2013 00:00

I have been working on getting the BugTracker SDK sample to
work but am still getting an ArgumentNullException error.  The following are the steps I have used to
recreate the sample in the SDK.

1.     Created new Sitefinity project
2.     Copied and added Area files to Project
3.     Copied and added Content and Script files to
project
4.      Added reference to Telerik.Web.MVC

5.      Modified Web.Config to add Assemblies (copy/paste
from Web.config in SDK sample)
6.      Ran project and created Dynamic Module for
Project/Bug
7.      Navigated to
localhost:1234/.../Project

When I navigate to localhost:1234/.../Project
I get a ArgumentNullException error in BugTrackerLayout.cshtml on the following
line.  Any ideas how to get this sample
working?

@Html.Telerik().StyleSheetRegistrar().DefaultGroup(group<br>=> group.Add("telerik.common.min.css").Add("telerik.windows7.min.css"))<br><br>
Here is the stack trace. 

System.ArgumentNullException was unhandled by user code

HResult=-2147467261

Message=Value cannot
be null.

Parameter name: item

Source=System.Web

ParamName=item

StackTrace:

at
System.Web.Routing.RouteCollection.SetItem(Int32 index, RouteBase item)

at
System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.set_Item(Int32 index, T value)

at
Telerik.Web.Mvc.UI.HtmlHelperExtension.Telerik[TModel](HtmlHelper`1 helper)

at
ASP._Page_Areas_BugTracker_Views_Shared_BugTrackerLayout_cshtml.Execute() in
c:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 6.1\Projects\Demo\Areas\BugTracker\Views\Shared\BugTrackerLayout.cshtml:line

at
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy()

at
System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()

at
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext
pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage)

at
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.<>c__DisplayClass7.<RenderPageCore>b__6(TextWriter
writer)

at
System.Web.WebPages.HelperResult.WriteTo(TextWriter writer)

at
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.Write(HelperResult result)

at
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.RenderSurrounding(String partialViewName,
Action`1 body)

at
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.PopContext()

at
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext
pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage)

at
System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer,
Object instance)

at
System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext,
TextWriter writer)

at
System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context)

at
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext
controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)

at
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1a.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__17()

at
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter
filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)

InnerException:

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi Michael,

Your detailed explanation is appreciated. From what is present in it I can conclude that you still have some steps to take in order to have a fully functioning BugTracker - namely Displaying the projects and the bugs and Implementing bug logging. Follow the instructions in our documentation and you will be fine.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik
Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2013 00:00

Thank you Ivan for your reply.  I have reviewed the steps you mentioned.  Since I added all of the files from the Area folder to my project, I believe I have created the necessary files listed in the two steps.  If I have added these files to my project, is there another step I am missing?   

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello Michael,

After you have completed successfully all of the steps described in our documentation, there should be no problem with your sample.
The only thing I can think of that might be causing problems are the requirements for the sample : ASP.NET  MVC 3 , Microsoft .NET Framework 4 and Visual Studio 2010 or newer. 

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik
Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello.

I had a similar problem. After searching a bit, I found this:
stackoverflow.com/.../kendo-asp-net-mvc-index-out-of-range-databinding

Adding the following to the web.config file (right before the closing configuration tag) fixed the issue for me:
  <runtime>
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Mvc" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-4.0.0.0" newVersion="4.0.0.0" />
      </dependentAssembly>
    </assemblyBinding>
  </runtime> 

Good luck.

This thread is closed