Installing module from SDK - instructions out of date?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:47

Installing module from SDK - instructions out of date?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello,

I'm trying to install a module from the SDK, the Real Estate Starter Kit to be precise, and I've run into a roadblock.  I went as far as I could with the instructions on this page but it seems like they're out of date because there is no Projects folder (I could create one, but it doesn't say to) nor is there a SampleUtilities class (as far as I can tell).  When I create a Projects folder and add the Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.Common (and all other Telerik.StarterKit.Modules folders) to it and rebuild the solution it still doesn't work.

Edit: Sitefinity 6.2, if that helps.

I'm new to both .NET development and Sitefinity as well and would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi Ryan,

I could recommend getting the Real Estate Module directly from our SDK Github, where the version is the most updated one. The steps to integrate the module are listed in the Readme.md file. I suggest getting the module from there and following the steps from the github instructions. Write back if you experience issues with the module installation.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi Nikola,

Kind of frustrating because I have had to write this response 3 times now as it has been hit or miss whether a page on these forums will load today, so I will keep this short and to the point.

The Github instructions don't provide me with any further insight into exactly how I would install the component.  It tells me I need to install some packages via NuGet, which is great, but I have no idea where to put the code that is in the RealEstate package repository.  

Are there instructions anywhere that explain exactly how to install a component, from either the SDK app or Github?  There are pieces of the puzzle in both locations but something is definitely missing.  Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Ryan,

It turns out that the Real Estate module comes with self defined configurations and own database, which means that the sample comes with an already configured SitefinityWebApp project and the modules are configured in a certain Sitefinity version. The one in our github SDK is for 6.3 version, which means that it uses a database upgraded to this version, as well. If you want to configure it on different versions and project, you should install the modules separately and at your own. We support only the full example, since it is made only as a sample and a guide for what could be achieved with Sitefinity, as well as, a roadmap for this functionality.
In order to configure an earlier version of this sample and use it for a certain version, you should install this particular starter kit from the specific SDK version - in your case Sitefinity SDK 6.2. You can get the particular version of the SDK from your account manager or writing directly to sales@sitefinity.com . They will be more than happy to provide you with it and more information about Sitefinity and the SDK itself.
Keep in mind that most of the samples are independent and will not need this configuration in order to work on various Sitefinity versions.
I hope you find this useful.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

This thread is closed